- In case your iTunes app does not work due to missing drivers, don't worry, we will show you exactly how to solve this.
- Using the windows update option is one quick way of manually installing the missing iTunes drivers.
- Another way of solving the issue and ensuring the app is working is by installing the drivers through Device Manager.
- Using a dedicated third-party tool to install the missing iTunes drivers is the safest and most reliable way of solving this problem.
Apparently, for some users that have installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store, there is an error message stating: driver not installed when the iPhone is connected to the PC.
The reason can be that the Store version of iTunes does not automatically install the drivers when the app is downloaded and installed on the PC.
In this article we will show you the exact steps you need to make in order to install the missing iTunes driver, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix the driver not being installed on iTunes?
1. Install the drivers in Windows 10
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and open iTunes.
- Next, type Settings in the Search bar and open it.
- Select the Update & Security option from the list.
- In here click on the Check for updates option.
- This will automatically download and install the missing drivers.
- After the process is finished, make sure to close and re-launch the iTunes app.
2. Use Device Manager
- In the Search bar type in Device Manager and open it.
- In this Window look for Portable Devices (make sure your iPhone is connected to the PC).
- Next, expand the Portable devices option and see Apple iPhone.
- Now, right-click on Apple iPhone and select Update driver.
- In the next window, click on Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Allow for Windows to download and install the needed drivers.
- Once the process is finished, restart your device and re-launch the iTunes app.
3. Use a dedicated tool
Installing the missing drivers of your iTunes app is mandatory for ensuring that the app is working properly. Missing or faulty drivers can also have a long term impact on the associated app so taking care of this aspect is crucial.
The safest and more reliable way of installing the missing iTunes drivers is with the help of a dedicated third party tool that will ensure the correct one are installed.
Various errors are the result of a malfunctioning driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this specific component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automated tool for the job. Here's how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
As you can see, installing the missing iTunes drivers can be done either manually or automatically through the help of a dedicated third party tool.
The automatic approach is recommended due to the fact that is error free and it’s less time consuming at the same time.