- For some reason, dsound.dll file may not be found on your Windows PC.
- If it's missing, you will get some errors while running certain games and software.
- You can easily download this DLL file with the proper methods, as shown in this article.
Are you encountering errors because the dsound.dll file is missing or has some problems? This article will let you know all about this DLL file.
If you are a gamer or a graphics software user, you may encounter dsound.dll missing or any related problems on Windows. Unfortunately, there may be many ways a DLL file may go missing. But the only way to eliminate such issues is to download a fresh copy of this file.
What is a dsound.dll file?
The dsound.dll file is related to the DirectX technology on Windows operating system. Therefore, it is available on all modern Microsoft operating systems like Windows 11, 10, etc. Usually, you will find such files in the following directory:
So, users only may notice that the dsound.dll file is missing or there is an error when they try to launch or use specific software or games.
How to download the dsound.dll file?
The purpose of downloading this file is to replace the problematic one or place it where this DLL file is missing. So, we recommend the following things before that:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update the graphics driver to the newest version.
After doing the above, follow these methods to download the dsound.dll file.
1. Download and install the latest DirectX
- Go to this official DirectX download page.
- Download it.
- Install it on your PC.
You may encounter some problems during the installation process. In this case, go through the methods to solve can’t install DirectX.
2. Get from another PC
- Go to the System32 folder on another PC.
- Find the dsound.dll file.
- Copy it to your problematic PC in any medium you prefer.
You can use Pendrive or Google Drive, OneDrive, etc., to place it on your problematic computer.
3. Re-install the app/game that requires dsound.dll
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Apps and click on Installed apps.
- Click on the three horizontal dots next to the complex software or game and choose Uninstall.
We suggest you use a tool like Revo Uninstaller to uninstall any software. The built-in uninstaller of Windows always leaves some leftovers of any software. But, such third-party tools can remove everything altogether.
3.2 Install again
- Download the latest installer for the game or software from the official source.
- Install it on your PC again.
Some games and software installer has all the required DLL files. If you get a dsound.dll missing message for specific software or game, re-install them will help to get the missing DLL file and solve your problem.
4. Use a DLL fixer tool
There are several DLL fixer tools available. If you need to download dsound.dll or any similar missing files, such tools can benefit you. However, not all of them effectively find missing DLL files. Therefore, you should do some research before choosing any DLL fixers.
We suggest you use Restoro or any of the following DLL repair tools. Restoro is a reliable repair tool because it scans your PC and provides a detailed report of existing issues.
It can fix crucial components of your device, including Windows files, registry keys, and damaged DLLs by replacing the faulty elements with new ones from its large repository.
Repair damaged components and prevent malfunctions and crashes with the Restoro tool.
This article has shown you all the possible methods to download the missing dsound.dll files on a Windows PC. If you have any suggestions, please write them down in the comment box.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.