You can change your Windows 10 workflow any way you like, but one part of the user’s interface that’s always worth changing is the desktop wallpaper. Users can set customized slideshows with timer, and those still might fail to impress the aesthetic human nature.
What we need is something more lively, with a dose of immersive and a pinch of magical. That can be done with dynamic (Live wallpapers) wallpapers.
So, today we brought you a short but informative tutorial on how to use one nifty little app in order to run dynamic wallpapers on your desktop background.
If you’re willing to replace a dull and rather unimpressive static desktop background with vivid wallpapers, look no further — you’re at the right place.
How to use dynamic desktop wallpapers in Windows 10?
First, we must inform you that the dynamic wallpaper will take substantially more resources then the usual wallpapers do. So, if you’re barely running Windows 10, we advise you to stick with standard wallpapers.
On the other hand, every other mediocre configuration should have an easy time running dynamic wallpapers. Which doesn’t mean you shouldn’t disable them while playing games or using demanding applications. Once we’ve put that out of the way, let’s see how to make dynamic wallpapers work in Windows 10.
- READ ALSO: Top 5 Christmas themes for Windows 10
Now, there are various tools for live wallpapers application, but we decided to stick with DesktopHut that’s completely free, simple, and offers a large variety of available wallpapers from various categories. Follow these instructions to download, configure, and put DesktopHut to work:
- Download the DesktopHut tool from this link.
- Start the installation and look out for bloatware.
- When you complete the installation, find your way to the installation folder and right-click on the .
- Select Properties.
- Choose Compatibility tab.
- Check ”Run this program as an administrator” box and confirm changes.
- Right-click again and, from the contextual menu, choose to create a desktop shortcut.
- Now, download live wallpaper of choice and open DesktopHut. Wallpapers can be found here.
- Click on the ”Select Live Wallpaper” button.
- Browse for the Live Wallpaper and select it.
- Click ”Play” and minimize DesktopHut.
You can download and switch between the wallpapers as you please. There’s even a way to create your own GIF-like dynamic wallpapers, but we’ll talk about that on some other occasion. Here’s our list of top 10 wallpapers, so make sure to check it out.
Another great tool that you can use is Chameleon. It is perfectly compatible with Windows 10 and supports both x32 and x64 computers. This tool has a wallpaper pack that you unzip in the folder where the executable file is located (after installation, of course) and you can use them in order to make your desktop look more dynamic.
You will be able to customize your desktop according to the weather, the region where you live, the time, the temperature outside and even to your laptop’s battery life. You can find it and download on this link.
We hope that you’ll manage to find your way around the DesktopHut and make your desktop background more lively than ever. Finally, don’t forget to tell us about your experience with dynamic wallpapers. You can do it in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2017 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Here are the best Windows 10 S wallpapers to install
- Best online Christmas cards to send this year 
- Here are the best Christmas wallpapers for your PC
- 150 best free Windows 10 themes to download [Late 2017]