- Dynamic desktops, also known as live wallpapers, are a great way to customize your PC.
- They are basically videos or gifs that act as your desktop wallpaper, on a loop.
- The article below will be showcasing software that can help you install your own live wallpaper.
- The guide is written to be as simple as possible, so you can enjoy your new Windows dynamic wallpaper.
You can change your Windows 10 workflow any way you like, but one part of the user’s interface that’s always worth changing is the desktop wallpaper. Users can set customized slideshows with timer, and those still might fail to impress the aesthetic human nature.
What we need is something more lively, with a dose of immersive and a pinch of magical. That can be done with dynamic (Live wallpapers) wallpapers.
So, today we brought you a short but informative tutorial on how to use one nifty little app in order to run dynamic wallpapers on your desktop background.
If you’re willing to replace a dull and rather unimpressive static desktop background with vivid wallpapers, look no further — you’re at the right place.
How to use dynamic desktop wallpapers in Windows 10?
First, we must inform you that the dynamic wallpaper will take substantially more resources then the usual wallpapers do. So, if you’re barely running Windows 10, we advise you to stick with standard wallpapers.
On the other hand, every other mediocre configuration should have an easy time running dynamic wallpapers. Which doesn’t mean you shouldn’t disable them while playing games or using demanding applications.
Once we’ve put that out of the way, let’s see how to make dynamic wallpapers work in Windows 10.
Now, there are various tools for live wallpapers application, but few are as good as Stardock’s DeskScapes, since it offers a large variety of available wallpapers from various categories.
Follow these instructions to download, configure, and put DeskScapes to work:
- Download and install DeskScapes
- Activate a free 30-day trial using your email address
- The trial version offers the full capabilities of the premium version
- Launch DeskScapes
- Select the source of the live wallpaper that you want to apply
- It can be either local or online
- Select one of the following:
- Apply to my desktop
- Apply as my screensaver
You can download and switch between the wallpapers as you please. There’s even a way to create your own GIF-like dynamic wallpapers.
DeskScapesCalling the wallpapers created through DeskScapes dynamic would be an understatement. Try it for yourself today!
Another great tool that you can use is Screensaver Wonder. It is perfectly compatible with Windows 10 and supports both x32 and x64 computers.
This tool has pretty much the same functionalities as DeskScapes, but it also provides you with the ability to pack your screensavers and live wallpapers and send them to others.
We hope that you’ll manage to find your way around the DeskScapes and make your desktop background more lively than ever. Finally, don’t forget to tell us about your experience with dynamic wallpapers. You can do it in the comments section below.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in December 2017 and was revamped and updated in December 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.