- Really want to play Elden Ring multiplayer but you simply can't get it to work?
- You aren't the only one, as lots of players have reported dealing with this issue.
- Even though From Software tried to fix it with a patch, the problem still persists.
- Follow these easy steps and help restore your Elden Ring multiplayer connection.
Bored of Elden Ring already? We know it’s not the case yet, as everyone seems to be pretty mesmerized by the world that From Software and Bandai Namco have created.
Hard bosses? It doesn’t really matter, as we’ve already grown accustomed to boss fights like we faced in Dark Souls, or God of War, and the prospect of imminent death isn’t that scary anymore.
What else could discourage the Elden Ring player from fulfilling his destiny and destroying all who oppose him? Since boredom or game mechanics aren’t the case, it will surely be game bugs.
And we’ve seen plenty of them so far while dealing with this latest title. If you’re dealing with the Easy Anti Cheat error, we can show you what you have to do in order to fix it.
But what about Elden Ring not showing keyboard controls? We can help you with that too, so there’s no need to worry at all.
However, players have recently pointed out that the multiplayer mode, one of the key selling points for Elden Ring, isn’t working properly.
How can I fix the multiplayer mode not working in Elden Ring?
So how do you fix the multiplayer not working issue? Well, unfortunately, even after an official fix, the issue still persists for a lot of Elden Ring players.
FromSoftware and Bandai Namco announced a maintenance break for the PC servers, on the last day of February.
This was meant to stabilize the multiplayer feature and remove any bugs preventing players from joining their friends.
However, since you are reading this article, it means that developers failed in containing and removing this annoying problem, so we’re going to have to step in and offer you assistance.
1. Switch to a wired connection
Before we get into these workarounds and help you fix this, remember that you must have a stable internet connection, otherwise, all this is redundant.
Just to make sure that you don’t go through a lengthy troubleshooting process for no reason, give your internet router a good old restart.
If that doesn’t fix the problem, we strongly suggest switching to a wired connection instead, thus maximizing your chances of actually enjoying Elden Ring’s multiplayer mode.
2. Check if Elden Ring servers are down
Sometimes, the problem won’t be on your end at all. It goes without saying that all online games experience server problems from time to time.
Whether we’re talking about scheduled maintenance or some server problems, those are the times when you simply won’t be able to play Elden Ring multiplayer.
You can simply check Elden Ring’s Twitter page to check server status and know if the situation is worth troubleshooting or not.
3. Allow Elden Ring through the Firewall
- Press the Windows key, search for Firewall and select Open.
- Click on Allow an app through Firewall.
- If Elden Ring isn’t in the list, click Change Settings, then Allow another app.
- Click the Browse button, locate your game and press the Add button.
4. Update Windows
- Press Windows + I to access Settings.
- Select the Windows updates tab and click Install all.
- If no updates are queued for installation, press the Check for updates button.
5. Update Elden Ring
- On Steam, right-click Elden Ring and select Properties.
- Select the Updates tab and activate one of the two Auto-update options.
6. Verify game file integrity
- In Steam, right-click Elden Ring and select Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
If your friend gets summoned to another world before yours, it will show an error in your game, which is mostly bad timing and not really a bug.
Check if this issue still persists for you and, if it does, contacting FromSoftware customer care would be the best option you have left if you already went through these steps and got no results.
Do you still have multiplayer problems with Elden Ring? Let us know in the comments section below.