Fix: Err_empty_response error on Windows
Windows 10 users use different web browsers to access the Internet, and sometimes those browsers can encounter certain issues. Users reported err_empty_response error in their web browsers, so let’s see how to fix it.
Err_empty_response error on Windows 10, how to fix it?
Fix – Err_empty_response Windows 10
Solution 1 – Use Command Prompt
This error can sometimes occur due to your network settings, but you can fix it easily by using Command Prompt. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- When Command Prompt opens, enter the following commands:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
- After all commands are executed, close Command Prompt and restart your PC.
When your PC restarts, start your web browser and check if this issue is resolved.
Solution 2 – Try using Incognito mode
Temporary Internet files can sometimes cause this issue to appear, but you can fix this problem by using Incognito mode. To open Incognito mode in Chrome, do the following:
- Press the Menu button in the top right corner.
- Select New incognito window. Alternatively, you can use Ctrl + Shift + N shortcut.
If the website works in Incognito mode, it’s possible that this issue is being caused by a third-party extension.
Solution 3 – Disable extensions
Extensions can sometimes interfere with your web browser and cause these types of errors to appear. To fix this problem, we suggest that you temporarily disable all installed extensions. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click the Menu button and choose More tools > Extensions.
- List of all installed extensions will now appear. Click on Enabled checkbox to disable the desired extension. Repeat this step for all installed extensions.
- After disabling all extensions restart Chrome and check if the issue is resolved.
- If the problem doesn’t appear anymore, try enabling extensions one by one until you find the one that is causing this issue to appear.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Chrome install fails on Windows 10
Solution 4 – Disable VPN software
According to users, these types of problems can appear if VPN software is running on your PC. VPN software is a great solution if you want to protect your privacy online, but sometimes VPN tools can cause this issue to appear. If you have any VPN software installed, be sure to disable or remove it and check if that fixes the problem.
Solution 5 – Clear browsing data
Sometimes you can fix err_empty_response error simply by clearing your cache. This is a simple procedure and you can do it by following these steps:
- Click the Menu button in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section click the Clear browsing data button.
- In Obliterate the following items from section select the beginning of time option.
- Check Cookies and other site and plugin data, Cached images and files and Hosted app data. Click Clear browsing data button.
- After cleaning process is completed, restart Chrome and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 6 – Clean the Temp folder
One suggested solution is to clean the Temp folder manually. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter %temp%. Press Enter or click OK.
- When Temp folder opens, delete all files and folders from it.
- After doing that, try to start your web browser again.
Solution 7 – Clear Google Chrome DNS cache
Users suggested that you can fix this error by cleaning Google Chrome DNS cache. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome and enter chrome://net-internals/#dns in the address bar.
- When new tab opens, click the Clear host cache button.
- After doing that, restart Chrome and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 8 – Change your DNS
Some users claim that you can fix this problem simply by changing your DNS. To change your DNS, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Network Connections.
- Locate your connection, right click it and choose Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses and enter 220.127.116.11 as Preferred DNS server and 18.104.22.168 as Alternate DNS server. You can also use 22.214.171.124 as Preferred and 126.96.36.199 as Alternate DNS server.
- Save changes and check if your issue is resolved.
If you’re still having errors on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
Err_empty_response error can be problematic and prevent you from accessing the Internet, but we hope that you managed to fix it by using one of our solutions.
- Fix: “Aw, Snap!” error in Google Chrome
- Fix: Keyboard not working in Google Chrome
- Fix: Google Chrome Kill pages error on Windows 10
- Fix: Chrome doesn’t sync on Windows 10
- How to Fix Chrome Crashing in Windows 10
Many users complained on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 update often gets stuck. One user says that is getting the What Needs Your Attention message. […]
Reddit users reported that the new Windows 10 v1903 is causing a spike in the disk usage when switching between Firefox tabs. I don’t know […]
We already reported about UI and design bugs in Windows 10 May 2019 Update in a previous post. It seems like Microsoft wanted to release […]