- If you encountered the error c0000022 it might be due to certain damaged files on your device.
- You can start off fixing it by restoring your system back to health with some help from a professional tool.
- Another efficient way to troubleshoot the issue is to perform a hard reset of your computer.
- You may also resort to booting in Safe Mode if your HP printer displays the fatal error c0000022.
Many HP computer users have complained of getting the fatal error c0000022 when they power on their computers.
If you’re experiencing this problem on your computer, then this guide will help you fix it permanently.
The complete error message says Applying update operation, it takes a while, and your system boots after the operation.
Also, you are likely to get this error c0000022 after you carried out a Windows update, and it comes up whenever you turn on your system. Below are solutions that will resolve this issue.
How do I fix the fatal error c0000022 in Windows 10?
1. Repair your system with an advanced tool
As a first solution we recommend you perform a system recovery by using professional software that can restore your Windows 10 to a previous health point.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Hard reset your computer
- Press the Power button and keep holding it until the computer goes off completely.
- When the PC is powered off, the next step is to disconnect all peripherals and storage devices connected to it.
- Next, turn the machine back on.
If the error c0000022 was a result of a minor bug from a Windows update or similar operation, then a hard reset will fix the problem.
When your computer boots, the error will disappear. If it doesn’t, the next step is to troubleshoot hardware failure with the System Diagnostics utility.
3. Perform a system test with System Diagnostics
- Connect your computer to an external outlet and power it off. Leave it plugged in throughout this operation.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off your computer.
- When the display turns on, start pressing the ESC button continuously.
- Press the corresponding key for the System Diagnostics option, which is usually F2.
- Scroll down to System Tests using your arrow buttons and hit Enter to select it.
- If the error c0000022 issue was due to a hardware malfunction, the test will point it out, and you can now be sure of what to fix or replace.
After performing the System Diagnostics you can access this user-friendly guide if you need more information about the black screen of death in Windows 10.
Note: Before entering the System Tests utility, confirm that your computer is still connected to a power source because the operation takes quite some time, most times more than thirty minutes.
4. Use the System Restore feature
- Turn on your computer and press the ESC key repeatedly immediately the screen comes on.
- Continue pressing ESC until you see the System Diagnostics menu.
- Here in the System Diagnostics menu, press F11 to select System Recovery.
- Select your language next and strike Enter.
- Next, navigating with the arrow keys, go to Troubleshoot and hit Enter.
- Navigate to Advanced options > System Restore. You will now see the System Restore wizard.
- Choose a restore point that predates the error c0000022 and click on Next.
- Finally, hit the Finish button to begin the system restore operation.
A system restore brings your machine back to the state it was at the time of creating a restore point. Since you selected a date before the error c0000022 showed up, it should fix the issue.
You can check out other useful recommendations on how to fix the most common Windows 10 errors, such as the BSoD in this excellent article that features some useful tools.
5. Uninstall the most recent update before the error c0000022
- Press the Windows key + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Here, click on Update & Security.
- Next, go to Update History.
- Click on Uninstall Updates.
- Find the most recent one, click on it, and hit Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
After hard-resetting your PC and restoring it, if the fatal error c0000022 persists, it may be triggered by a buggy system update.
These updates are usually followed up by patches. The steps above show you how to uninstall a recent update.
So, if your printer driver installation has been failed due to a fatal error like c0000022 preventing product driver installation, you can download the latest updates in order to fix the issue.
6. Uninstall your recent updates using DISM command
- Press the Win+X keys.
- Choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Next, enter the following command in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:
DISM.exe /online /get-packages
- After running the above command, find the update that you wish to uninstall and copy the name.
- Return to the Command Prompt window and enter the following command:
DISM.exe /online /remove-package /packagename:[UPDATE NAME]
- When entering the command above, replace UPDATE NAME with the name of the installed Windows update.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Various users confirmed that uninstalling the recent updates helped them solve the canon error c0000022.
The troubleshooting process is not that difficult, access the Command Prompt and then follow the user-friendly instructions above.
7. Install required Microsoft Security Bulletin update with Safe Mode
7.1. Boot your PC to Safe Mode
- Connect your computer to an external power outlet.
- Press the Power button to boot your computer.
- Start pressing the ESC key until you are taken to the Systems Diagnostics menu.
- Hit F11 to enter the System Recovery menu.
- Select your preferred language and hit Enter.
- Go to the Troubleshoot option and press Enter.
- Navigate to Advanced options and choose Startup Settings.
- Click on Restart.
- On this page, press the number that corresponds to the Enable Safe Mode with Networking option. This is usually 5.
- Your PC will now begin to reboot into Safe Mode with network capabilities.
Various Windows 10 errors can be solved by booting your PC in Safe Mode. Once you access the Systems Diagnostics menu you just have to follow the instructions in order to finish the procedure.
This method is an efficient way that can help you encounter if your HP printer displays the fatal error c0000022.
7.2. Get the latest Security Bulletin MS16-10
- In Safe Mode, click on the link to get the latest Security Bulletin MS16-10 that’s missing from your system.
- Next, under the How to get this update section, select Microsoft Update Catalog, which is the second method.
- Click the Download button to get the update for your Windows architecture.
- Wait for the download to complete and then go to the directory in which the file was downloaded.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and install it with the help of the on-screen instructions onto your computer.
- Finally, restart your PC and confirm if the fatal error c0000022 still shows up.
The Fatal error c0000022 is caused mainly by a Windows update gone bad, especially if the installation of the Security Bulletin MS16-101 component. It could also be as a result of a hardware failure.
Follow the solutions presented in this guide to get rid of the error c0000022 and boot your machine without interruptions.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should restore your system to a previous healthy state. Take a look at other alternatives that help you fix fatal error c0000022.
An excellent way to get rid of the problem is to run the SFC scan. Check other methods in this guide that focuses on fixing VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR in Windows 10.
We recommend you use a third-party BSoD fixer, however, see what other options you can rely on for fixing NMI HARDWARE FAILURE errors on Windows 10.