- If Adobe Digital Editions generates the Error getting License alert you might be missing some important updates.
- A great way to solve this issue is to troubleshoot using the Registry Editor, but there are other efficient methods.
- Solving the Error getting License message in Adobe Digital Editions may require you to reinstall a certain program.
- You could also temporarily switch to another tool. See our guide below for all the solutions.
If you are unsuccessfully trying to download a certain book, because Adobe Digital Editions generates the Error getting License alert, it’s time to take action.
The full error reads: Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY and has been encountered in all sorts of scenarios.
Some users discovered it while trying to authorize a copy of Digital Editions to their account, while others complain that they can no longer download any books from their local library.
One way or another, this sounds like a serious problem that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. We’ve prepared a few solutions that might help.
How can I fix Adobe Digital Editions Error getting License?
1. Update to the most recent Adobe Digital Editions version
You’ve felt in love with its simplicity, minimalist design, and ease of downloading and transferring books between devices and you weren’t wrong.
There’s no better choice than Adobe Digital Editions when looking for the richest reading experience. Since no software tool is truly error–free, it’s only natural to encounter a few hiccups here and there.
Grabbing the latest Adobe Digital Editions version will remove the error getting License for good, so you know what you have to do.
Adobe Digital Editions
Make the best of your online books collection with tool which is a favorite of major publishers.
2. Reauthorize Adobe Digital Editions
- First of all, close all applications.
- Then, choose Start, then Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor will open, so locate this registry key in the left pane:
- Select the Adept key next.
- Choose File, then Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch.
- It’s time to enter a name and location for the backup registry key.
- Then, click Save.
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- Click OK in the Confirm Key Delete dialog box.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Finally, don’t forget to open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.
You can find the above-detailed steps for quickly reauthorizing Adobe Digital Editions.
The procedure itself isn’t complicated, yet we do have to tell you that erasing the authorization is often refused by the application itself.
That’s why reinstalling the software sounds like a better option to take into consideration if you want to get rid of the message that says Error getting License Adobe Digital Editions.
3. Try out IceCream Ebook Reader
IceCream Ebook Reader is one of those hassle-free ePub readers for booksters that do what they claim: they allow you to peacefully read eBooks in several formats – EPUB, MOBI, FB2, to name a few.
Managing your digital eBook library works like a charm in IceCream Ebook Reader too.
In addition, it also allows you to add notes or highlight text and transfer your eBook collection from one Windows PC to another. Many functions are similar to those featured on Adobe Digital Editions.
We recommend Ebook Reader as an alternative when you encounter certain issues, especially if you get the Adobe Digital Editions error, Unable to download. Error getting License.
We hope that the solutions presented in this article gave you all the knowledge on what you can do when Adobe Digital Editions generates the Error getting License alert.
If you have any questions or know some solutions we didn’t list here, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you encounter this problem, you might need to update the program. Find out more in this article on fixing Error getting License in Adobe Digital Editions.
In this case, you might want to manage the authorization settings. Check out all the solutions in this article on how to solve Error Check Activation in Adobe Digital Editions.