- It doesn’t matter that you are at home or on the move. The best cross-platform eBook readers easily optimize your reading experience these days.
- One of the most popular choices for purchasing digital content to read both online and offline is none other than Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you keep on seeing the Error getting License in Adobe Digital Editions, make sure to update to the most recent version or give a try to IceCream Ebook Reader.
- The best solutions are hard to find unless you check out our Adobe Troubleshooting Hub for quick tips on any problems you may encounter.
If you are unsuccessfully trying to download a certain book, just to see the Error getting License message in Adobe Digital Editions, it’s time to take action.
The full error reads: Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY and has been encountered in all sorts of scenarios.
Some users discovered it while trying to authorize a copy of Digital Editions to their account, while others complain that they can no longer download any books from their local library.
One way or another, this sounds like a serious problem that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. We’ve prepared a few solutions that might help.
How can I fix Error getting License in Adobe Digital Editions?
1. Update to the most recent Adobe Digital Editions version
You’ve felt in love with its simplicity, minimalist design, and ease of downloading and transferring books between devices and you weren’t wrong.
There’s no better choice than Adobe Digital Editions when looking for the richest reading experience. Since no software tool is truly error-free, it’s only natural to encounter a few hiccups here and there.
Grabbing the latest Adobe Digital Editions version will remove the Error getting License for good, so you know what you have to do.
2. Reauthorize Adobe Digital Editions
- First of all, close all applications.
- Then, choose Start > Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor will open, so locate this registry key in the left pane: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAdobeAdept
- Select the Adept key next.
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch.
- It’s time to enter a name and location for the backup registry key.
- Then, click Save.
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- Click OK in the Confirm Key Delete dialog box.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Finally, don’t forget to open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.
You can find the above-detailed steps for quickly reauthorizing Adobe Digital Editions. The procedure itself isn’t complicated, yet we do have to tell you that erasing the authorization is often refused by the application itself.
That’s why reinstalling Adobe Digital Editions sounds like a better option to take into consideration.
3. Try out IceCream Ebook Reader
IceCream Ebook Reader is one of those hassle-free ePub readers for booksters that do what they claim: they allow you to peacefully read eBooks in several formats – EPUB, MOBI, FB2, to name a few.
Managing your digital eBook library works like a charm in IceCream Ebook Reader too, not to mention that it also allows you to add notes or highlight text and transfer your eBook collection from one Windows PC to another.
All these sound pretty much like what you have been enjoying on Adobe Digital Editions for ages. That’s why we recommend Ebook Reader as a great way to forget all about the errors that bug you.
If you have any questions or know some solutions we didn’t list here, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: Learn more about Adobe Digital Editions errors
- What does Error getting License mean in Adobe Digital Editions?
This most likely is a license server communication problem that prevents users from downloading books. Use this quick guide to fix Digital Editions license errors for good.
- How do I fix Adobe Digital Editions?
If you want to fix Adobe Digital Editions, installing the latest Adobe Digital Editions version should do the trick in no time.
- Why is my Adobe Digital Editions not working?
An outdated Adobe Digital Editions often makes the application to stop working. That’s why installing the most recent version is highly recommended.