- Facebook is currently one of the most popular social networks in the world with millions of active users worldwide.
- Many users report getting the Expand your browser window to see this story message on Facebook, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it.
- If you use social networks, we suggest you also visit our Facebook section for more useful guides.
- Having a reliable web browser is important. So, if you want to learn more about web browsers, check out our Web Browsers Hub for more information.
There are all sorts of errors that can appear in your browser, but some users reported Expand your browser window to see this story message.
After all, you most likely want to get back to enjoying Facebook as soon as possible.
How do I fix Expand your browser window to see this story?
1. Switch to a different browser
If you’re getting Expand your browser window to see this story perhaps your web browser is the problem. If that’s the case, you should consider switching to Opera.
The browser is light on your resources which means that it can handle all sorts of multimedia tasks with ease. Besides that, it also has a built-in full-screen so you’ll enjoy the ad-free browsing experience.
There’s also a free and unlimited VPN that will protect your privacy. Additional features include battery saver, built-in messenger, support for Chrome extensions, and countless add-ons to choose from.
Overall, Opera is a great browser, and if you’re having problems with your current one, switching to Opera might be the best solution.
OperaCan’t you expand your browser window to see a story? Install Opera and you’ll easily solve this problem!
2. Use keyboard shortcuts
- In your web browser, press F11 or Fn + F11 to go to full-screen mode.
- If that doesn’t work press Ctrl and – key few times to zoom out.
- Refresh your page and check if the problem is resolved.
Some users claim that the zoom level needs to be set at 100%, so be sure to try that as well.
This is a neat little workaround, and several users reported that it worked for them, so feel free to try it out.
3. Reset scaling settings
- Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly with Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Go to the System section.
- Now locate the Scaling option and set it to 100%.
After making these changes, check if the problem is still there.
Expand your browser window to see this story error usually occurs due to your settings, and we hope that this article has managed to fix your problem.
FAQ: Learn more about Facebook
- How do you view a story on Facebook browser?
To view a Facebook story in a browser, just open the Facebook website and select the story you want to view.
- How do I open Facebook in browser?
To open Facebook in the browser, visit the Facebook website from your browser of choice and that should be it.
- Does Facebook have a browser?
No, Facebook doesn’t have its own browser, but you can access it with a web browser such as Opera for example.
- Should I use Facebook app or browser?
It comes down to personal preference and what you find more convenient. For desktop, the browser version is always better.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.