- Stuck on Expand your browser window to see this story? It's a frustrating error that pops out when using Facebook online.
- If you want to know how to expand browser on Facebook, tweaking your scaling settings a bit can be the answer.
- Sometimes, the solution can be even simpler such as using your keyboard shortcuts.
- Even better, instead of wondering how do you expand your browser, you can go for a better alternative with Facebook support.
There are all sorts of errors that can appear when browsing through your social media account. The Expand your browser window to see this story is one that stands out.
In fact, this is one of those error messages that appear when trying to view a story on Facebook. So exactly how do you expand your browser? Well, in this article, we’ll show you just how to expand browser on Facebook to get rid of this issue.
After all, you most likely want to get back to enjoying Facebook as soon as possible.
How do I expand my browser window on Facebook?
1. Switch to a different browser
If you get the Expand your browser window to see this story message, perhaps your web browser is the problem. If that’s the case, why struggle with how to expand browser on Facebook when you can simply switch browsers?
For instance, Opera is light on your resources which means that it can handle all sorts of multimedia tasks with ease. Besides that, it also has a built-in full-screen so you’ll enjoy an ad-free browsing experience.
There’s also a free and unlimited VPN that will protect your privacy. Additional features include a battery saver, built-in messenger, support for Chrome extensions, and countless add-ons to choose from.
Overall, Opera is a great alternative. Instead of wondering how do you expand your browser, switching to Opera might be a better solution.
Struggling to see stories in your browser? Switch to Opera and enjoy a seamless Facebook navigation!
2. Use keyboard shortcuts
- In your web browser, press F11 or Fn + F11 to go to full-screen mode.
- If that doesn’t work press Ctrl and – key a few times to zoom out.
- Refresh your page and check if the problem is resolved.
Some users claim that the zoom level needs to be set at 100%, so be sure to try that as well. This is a neat little workaround, and several users reported that it worked for them, so feel free to try it out.
3. Reset scaling settings
- Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly with Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Go to the System section.
- Now locate the Scaling option and set it to 100%.
After making these changes, check if the problem is still there. Expand your browser window to see this story error usually occurs due to your settings, and we hope that this article helped you fix your problem.
Do you know of any other workarounds? If so, don’t be shy to share your expertise with our community via the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
To view a Facebook story in a browser, just open the Facebook website and select the story you want to view. If that does not work, have a look at this nifty guide.
No, Facebook doesn’t have its own browser, but you can access it with a web browser such as Opera for example.
To open Facebook in the browser, simply visit the website from your browser of choice. Have a look at these top browsers for Facebook and pick the one you like most!
It comes down to personal preference. We believe that for desktop, the browser version is always better. However, if you’re keen on using the app, here are some useful tips you’d want to consider.