Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Facebook introduced a feature that protects your data by preventing users from screenshotting or downloading it.
- To protect your profile picture and other data, you can activate the Profile Picture Guard or limit your Facebook audience.
In the past, anyone could download your Facebook profile picture or take a screenshot of it for malicious purposes.
Fraudsters capitalized on this flaw, using it to steal identities. However, thanks to the Facebook screenshot protection feature, your profile picture is safe on the platform.
On the flip side, the user may mean no harm and probably need the profile picture for something legit.
In these instances, the person should reach out to you and ask for the picture. Are you looking to learn how to protect your Facebook profile picture from screenshots and downloading? Read this guide.
How do I activate Facebook screenshot protection?
1. Use Profile Picture Guard
- Visit Facebook and log in to your account.
- Go to your Facebook profile page.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Select the Options link from below the photo.
- From the context menu, hit Turn On Profile Picture Guard.
As we mentioned in the note above, the function isn’t available in all regions, but if you’re using Facebook on a browser, there is a Chrome extension that does the same thing.
2. Hide your profile from strangers
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the downward-facing arrow at the top right corner of your screen.
- From the dropdown, select Settings.
- Go to the Privacy tab on the left panel.
- Scroll down to the Your Activity section.
- Click on the Edit button to the right of the who can see your future posts? option.
- Click on Public and select the most suitable setting.
- Go to Limit last posts.
- Click on the Limit last posts buttons.
- Change the settings as you did in step 7 above.
The first Facebook screenshot protection method doesn’t hide your profile from everyone; it only makes it impossible for them to download it. If they finally download or take a screenshot of your profile picture, they can never upload it to Facebook.
The next solution protects your privacy by showing your content to only the chosen people. Depending on your privacy needs, you can use any of these methods.