- Mozilla Firefox is a very popular web browser that is constantly updated.
- On update brought the Process Manager, and we will be showing you how to access it.
- For more guides about this browser, check out our dedicated Mozilla Firefox Guides Hub.
- Even more articles about this subject can be found on our dedicated Mozilla Firefox page.
This is mostly due to the fact that it is extremely modern, resource-efficient has extensive add-on support, and the fact that it is frequently updated by its developers.
Speaking of which, one update that Mozilla Firefox received included a new feature called the Process Manager.
The guide below will show you in a step-by-step manner what you need to do in order to access the Process Manager. More so, we will be providing you with some information about what does it do.
How do I access the Process Manager in Mozilla Firefox?
Accessing the Process Manager in Mozilla Firefox is incredibly simple, simply follow these steps:
- Open a new Mozilla Firefox tab
- Type in the following string in the address bar:
- A new tab containing the Mozilla Firefox Task Manager should appear
As you can see from the screenshot above, this version of Process Manager separates the data into different columns
- Web, extension
- This comes with one web reading for each open tab within the browser
Mozilla’s Process Manager vs Task Manager
Keep note that Mozilla Firefox already has a feature called Task Manager that focuses on memory use and energy use of open tabs and extensions.
However, things are a bit different from Firefox‘s upcoming Process Manager, mostly because the information that it provides is useful mostly to engineers and those interested in technical details.
Available with Mozilla Firefox version 78 and later, this feature is a welcome addition to a browser that is already at the top of the list of many Windows 10 users.
Do you find Mozilla Firefox‘s Process Manager useful? Let us know what you think about this feature by leaving us a message in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about Mozilla Firefox
- Is Mozilla Firefox safe to download?
Yes, Mozilla Firefox is safe to download, but make sure that you always get it from the official website, or at least that the links you are clicking are direct download links.
- Is Chrome better than Firefox?
In terms of sheer speed, Chrome is faster than Mozilla Firefox, but Mozilla Firefox is far less resource-intensive than Chrome.
- How can I download the Mozilla Firefox browser?
Simply go to the official Mozilla Firefox website and press the Download Now button