How to fix all corrupted video files on your Windows PC
Do you want to fix all corrupted video files on your Windows PC? We will show you how to do this in this post.
Sometimes due to virus infections, user files most especially video files might get corrupted. For instance, in a scenario whereby a video is corrupted and won’t play, especially when we’re talking about precious memories of birthday, wedding, meetings, the aftermath becomes a big problem and can be very devastating.
Therefore, it is very important to repair such corrupt MP4, AVI, and MOV video files by using quality video repair tool. Windows report has compiled some of the best tools to help you in fixing all corrupted video files. These tools are compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
Fix all corrupted video files by using these tools
Stellar Phoenix Video Repair Windows
This video repair software is capable of repairing corrupt AVI Video Files. It is a good video repair tool for Microsoft Windows to fix all corrupted video files such as unplayable MOV files in QuickTime player.
In addition, video files with corrupted issues such as header corruption, sound corruption, duration corruption, format change, and movement issues can be automatically fixed by using Stellar Phoenix Video Repair tool. Also, this tool enables the repair of multiple video files simultaneously.
Stellar Phoenix Video Repair features:
- MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, M4A, and F4V video file formats repair supported
- Repairs videos on memory cards, hard disks, and other storage media
- Preview of the repaired videos is provided
- Repaired files are saved at a user-specified location
- It supports Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista
Meanwhile, the new version has a new feature which enables users to repair severely corrupted video file by using a sample file. A sample file, on the other hand, is a working file of any size created from the same device and of the same format as of your corrupt video file.
– Download Stellar Phoenix Video Repair (Use $10 discount code: BTS2018)
Yodot AVI Repair
Here are features of Yodot AVI Repair:
- It effectively repairs AVI, XVID and DIVX video files on Windows.
- Corrupted AVI files by DSLR cameras or camcorder brands can be repaired.
- Corrupted AVI files on hard drive, USB drive, memory card, media players, etc can be repaired.
- It easily mends video files in 3 to 4 steps with a simple and user-friendly interface.
- It previews video file after the completion of the repair process.
Repair Video Master
- It repairs DIVX, XVID, AVI, MPEG-4, RMVB, RM, WMV, ASF, WMV, WMA, AC3 files.
- Repair Video Master does not cause damage to original video files.
- It repairs video files excellently, with high speed.
Digital Video Repair
The digital video repair Software can effectively fix all corrupted video files most especially corrupt AVI video files. It will repair broken AVI files that are encoded with DIVX, XVID, MPEG4, Angel Potion CODECS, and 3ivx therefore enabling a total smooth viewing of the video.
Digital Video Repair features:
- Detects the corrupt data.
- Repairs the AVI file index.
- Repairs AVI files sized over 2GB.
- Fixes AVI files that cannot record.
- Repairs AVI files that lack MOVI-chunk
- Processes multi-track AVI files
- Support the standard AVI file format
- Support the open DML AVI file format
- Deletes unimportant information from AVI file
- Multilanguage support
Remo Repair AVI
In addition, Remo Repair tool comes with a powerful algorithm which is able to de-mux broken parts of a damaged file. Remo Repair enables corrupted videos to be turned into useful files.
Remo Repair tool features:
- Repairs corrupt XVID, DIVX AND AVI, file formats that are unplayable.
- Repairs and adjoins video and audio data stream side by side.
- Fixed AVI files can easily be played both on Windows.
- It has a demo version which fixes the corrupted file.
- It provides a preview of the repaired file.
- Remo Repair AVI supports memory cards, hard disk drives, USBs etc.
Manually fix all corrupted video files with VLC
In addition to using standalone tools for fixing corrupted video files, you can also make use of VLC media player. VLC comes with lots of features, some of which are not generally known such as fixing corrupt video files.
For instance, you can fix corrupt MOV files using VLC Player by using the ‘transcode’ feature; this enables VLC to convert the damaged MOV videos into playable files.
Method 1: Repair corrupt MP4 or MOV Files with VLC Media Player
Here’s how to do this:
- Launch VLC Player > Go to Media, and then select Convert or Save
- Include input files that need to be transcoded, and then click Convert or Save
- When the convert window appears, a file name for the destination file should be provided.
- From the profile list, select the desired input Codec.
- Press “Edit Selected Profile” button to edit profile settings
- Also, you can select ‘’to add a new profile’’ or delete any existing profile
- Click on Start.
Method 2: Replicate Video File
Here’s how to do this:
- Copy the corrupted MOV file.
- Rename the video file extension to .AVI.
- Launch the VLC media player.
- Select VLC > Preferences, and then click on Input or Codecs.
- Click on ‘save’ in the ‘preferences’ tab.
- Select ‘Always Fix’ next to ‘repair AVI Files’
- Open the copied video file with VLC media player afterwards.
All corrupted video files stored on internal or external hard drives, memory cards, smartphones, digital camera or other video storage devices can be repaired with any of the video repair tools we mention in this post. Video file formats such as MOV, MP4, F4V, M4V, 3GP, etc can be repaired on Windows PC by using any of the tools.
On the other hand, VLC Media Player is a free option to repair corrupt video files but it is not easy to use unlike the aforementioned video files repair tool. With the Stellar Phoenix, Yodot AVI, Digital or Remo Video Repair, you can repair multiple videos of various file formats in just three steps i.e. upload, repair, and save. These Windows compatible professional video repair tools save time.
Meanwhile, in order to prevent future video files corruption, we do recommend that you use a strong antivirus such as BullGuard, Malwarebytes, or Bitdefender.
If you o have any question regarding how to fix all corrupted video files on your Windows PC, don’t hesitate to comment below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix corrupted WAV files in just 5 minutes
- How to Fix Video Player Problems in Windows 10, 8.1, 8
- Fix: 360-degree YouTube videos not working
Many users encountered a pretty severe issue with Nvidia. They couldn’t stream games in Windows 10. No matter what they tried, they didn’t manage to […]
The evolutions of portable computers aka laptops is staggering, to say the least. From fitting a large desktop power into your backpack (Dulmont Magnum) to […]