The reminders feature in Outlook is a handy feature and allows the users to set appointments and plan meetings accordingly. However, at times the reminder feature may not work properly. Several users have reported The reminder will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn’t support reminders error while working with Outlook reminder.
Users reported the problem in the Microsoft community forums.
Hi, I could use some support troubleshooting this issue. “The Reminder for [appt] will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn’t support reminders”
I receive this error when I have created a meeting and then drag the edges to increase the amount of time allocated for that meeting.
Follow the troubleshooting tips listed in this article to fix Outlook reminder error in Windows 10.
Why won’t reminders work in Microsoft Outlook?
1. Run Outlook Reminder Cleaning Tool
- To resolve the issue, try to run the Clean Reminder tool for Outlook.
- Close the Outlook client if it is running.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type Outlook / cleanreminders and press OK to run the tool.
- Click OK to run the tool.
- This will open the Outlook client. Try to perform the action that was giving the error and check for any improvements.
Reset Outlook Data Folders
- If the issue persists, try to reset the Outlook data folders.
- Exit Outlook if it is running.
- Press Windows Key + R to open run.
- Type Outlook /resetfolders.
- Click OK to reset the folders.
- Relaunch Outlook if it does not open automatically open and check if the error is resolved.
2. Save the Items in Default Folder
- Launch Outlook.
- Click on File and select Info tab.
- Click on Account Setting and select Account Settings.
- Click on Data Files.
- Now make sure that the default location points to the following path:
- If the default path is not set, click on Add and find the above location.
- After adding the location, select the new path and click on Set as Default.
- Save the changes and relaunch the Outlook client and check if the error is resolved.
3. Enable Reminders for the Data File
- Launch the Outlook client.
- Click the small right arrow icon above the Inbox option.
- Right-click on Outlook Data File and select “Data file properties“.
- In the Properties window, check the “Display Reminder and tasks from this folder in the To-Do Bar” option.
- Click Apply and click OK to save the changes.
- Close and relaunch the Outlook client and check if the error is resolved.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: