How to print Gmail emails when Gmail won’t print
Some Gmail users have stated on Google forums that they can’t print emails when they select the Print option within Gmail. Even though their printers print most documents ok, a few Gmail users have stated that nothing happens when they select Print or that the email pages print blank.
If Gmail emails aren’t printing for you either, these are a few potential fixes and workarounds for printing them.
Fix Gmail Won’t Print Full Page
- Update the Browser
- Print the Gmail Email From an Alternative Browser
- Reset the Browser
- Check You’ve Selected the Right Printer Destination to Print From
- Clear the Browser’s Cache
- Save the Email as a PDF
- Print Emails From Email Client Software
1. Update the Browser
Some Gmail users have confirmed that updating their browsers fixes Gmail printing errors. So update your browser if it isn’t the latest version. This is how you can update Google Chrome.
- First, press the Customize Google Chrome button at the top right of the browser’s window.
- Click Help > About Google Chrome to open the tab shown in the snapshot directly below.
- Chrome will update if there’s a new version. Thereafter, restart the browser.
2. Print the Gmail Email From an Alternative Browser
Gmail emails might print fine if you open them in an alternative browsers. Note that there are just five supported Gmail browsers. So if you’re trying to print an email from Chrome or unsupported browser, open and print the email from Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge or Safari instead.
3. Reset the Browser
Resetting browsers can often resolve numerous browser issues. This will delete all third-party extensions and themes, cookies and site data and restore the browser to its default settings. This is how you can reset Google Chrome.
- Click the Customize Google Chrome button and select Settings to open the tab below.
- Click Advanced to expand the Settings tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings tab and click Reset.
- Press the Reset button to confirm.
4. Check You’ve Selected the Right Printer Destination to Print From
Make sure you’ve selected to print from the correct destination printer. If your default printer isn’t the selected destination, it might not print. You can select the destination printer in Google Chrome from the print preview window shown directly below, which opens when you select Print.
Press the Change button there to open the Select a destination window shown directly below. That includes a few print destinations to choose from. Select your current default printer listed there as the print destination. Then press the Print button to print the Gmail email.
5. Clear the Browser’s Cache
If Gmail emails aren’t printing from one specific browser, clearing the browser’s cache might help resolve the issue. Clearing your browser’s cache might erase corrupted cache data. You can clear Firefox’s, Chrome’s, Edge’s and Internet Explorer’s caches with CCleaner as follows.
- First, press the Download button on this page.
- Open CCleaner’s setup wizard to add the software to Windows.
- Then open the CCleaner window.
- Click Cleaner on the left of CCleaner’s window.
- Select the Internet Cache check box for your browser. The Windows tab includes Explorer and Edge, but third-party browsers are included on the Applications tab.
- Press the Analyze button to scan the browser cache.
- Then press the Run cleaner button.
- Click OK to confirm and clear the cache.
6. Save the Email as a PDF
Remember that you don’t need to print emails directly from Gmail. Instead, you can save the emails as PDFs and then print them. If you can’t print an email with Gmail’s options, printing it with alternative software might do the trick. This is how you can save your Gmail emails as PDFs with Chrome.
- First, open the Gmail email you need to print in Chrome.
- Select the Print all option to open the Print preview window.
- Click the Change button to open print destinations.
- Select Save as PDF and press the Save button.
- Select a folder to save your email to and click Save.
- Now open the folder you saved the email to.
- Click the email PDF to open it in your PDF software.
- Then you can select to print the email with your PDF software’s print option.
7. Print Emails From Email Client Software
Alternatively, open your Gmail messages in email client software. Then you can select to print the emails with the client software’s print options instead. Mozilla Thunderbird is freeware client software that you can open Gmail emails in. This is how you can open and print Gmail emails with Thunderbird.
- First, press the Settings button in Gmail and click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab shown in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the Enable IMAP radio button on that tab.
- Press the Save Changes button.
- Click Free Downloads on this homepage to save Thunderbird’s setup wizard to Windows.
- Open the software’s installer to add Thunderbird to Windows.
- Click Tools > Account Settings to open the Account Settings window.
- Select Add Mail Account from the Account Actions drop-down menu.
- Enter the required Gmail account details in the Mail Account Setup window. Thunderbird might automatically detect the IMAP account settings, but if not press the Manual Setup button to enter the settings.
- Open this page for further Gmail IMAP settings details if you need them.
- Press the Done button to confirm the connection settings. Thunderbird will then verify your settings.
- Thereafter, you can open Gmail emails in Thunderbird by clicking Inbox.
- Then print a Gmail email by clicking File > Print in Thunderbird. Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl + P hotkey.
Those are a few resolutions that might get your Gmail emails printed. If you can’t print the Gmail emails from Edge, you can also check out this article that provides further tips for fixing Edge printing.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: HP LaserJet p1102w not printing USB
- Fix antivirus blocking printing on Windows PCs
- Printer won’t print on Windows 10 [FIX]
- Printer switches off repeatedly? 8 ways to fix it
Solid State Disks or just SSD for short are the storage solutions to have if you want to speed things up with your PC. They […]