- GTA San Andreas is one of the most popular open-world games to be released by Rockstar Games and now available for free on Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Rockstar Games Launcher makes it easy to download and manage all the Rockstar Games from a single place.
- For great articles about this amazing game series, check out our dedicated GTA hub.
- Check out our dedicated Gaming section with fixes and tricks for more resources.
Rockstar Games’ GTA San Andreas was recently made available for free for the Rockstar Game Launcher users.
However, soon several users started reporting GTA San Andreas mouse not working or spinning issues and looking for GTA San Andreas mouse fix. The game reportedly fails to detect the keyboard or mouse on modern OS like Windows 10.
When the player enters the game, the camera keeps spinning endlessly. To make it worse, the game also doesn’t support mouse and keyboard. The old patches to fix mouse and keyboard issue does not work either.
If you are also troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to fix the GTA San Andreas mouse not working or spinning issue in Windows 10.
How do I fix the GTA San Andreas mouse and keyboard not working issue?
1. Use the original Steam .exe file
- Download the gta-sa.exe file from the original Steam version of GTA San Andreas.
- Launch the Rockstar Game Launcher.
- Open Settings and then click on My Installed Games.
- Click on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Next, click the View Installation folder button.
- Copy and paste the download gta-sa.exe file in the installation folder.
- Right-click on the gta-sa.exe file and select Create a shortcut.
Once you have moved the game, it is time to test it. To play the game, double-click on the newly created shortcut. Unfortunately, you can’t launch the game from Rockstart Game Launcher, but only from the GTA San Andreas shortcut.
2. Play using a controller
- Connect your Xbox controller to your PC.
- Launch the game on Rockstart Game Launcher.
- Go to Settings.
- Change the controls from Mouse + Keyboard to Joystick / Controller.
- Now try using a controller to play the game.
- You can also use the WASD and Numpad for viewing the cameras using your keyboard.
3. Run in compatibility mode
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto\San Andreas
- Right-click on Gta_sa.exe file and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, open the Compatability tab.
- Under Compatibility mode, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Click the drop-down menu and select Windows 7 or 8.1.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Launch the game from the Rockstar Game Launcher and check if the GTA San Andreas mouse not working or spinning issue is resolved.
The GTA San Andreas mouse not working or spinning issue can occur due to compatibility issues as well as bugs in the game. We have listed all the possible GTA San Andreas mouse fixes in this article to help you resolve the problem.
FAQs: Learn more about GTA San Andreas and Rockstar Game Launcher
- Can I get GTA: San Andreas for free?
Yes. Simply follow this article on how to download GTA: San Andreas for free.
- Why is GTA: San Andreas so buggy?
- How old is GTA San Andreas?
GTA San Andreas was released back in 2004 and was a massive success worldwide.