- If the GTA San Andreas mouse is not working, it might be because of compatibility issues.
- One quick way to fix this is to download and run the original Steam.exe files.
- Another effective solution if the San Andreas mouse is not working on Windows 10 is to run the game in compatibility mode.
Rockstar Games’ GTA San Andreas was recently made available for free for Rockstar Game Launcher users.
However, soon several users started reporting issues with the GTA San Andreas mouse not working or spinning issues and looking for a fix. The game reportedly fails to detect the keyboard or mouse on modern OS like Windows 10.
When the player enters the game, the camera keeps spinning endlessly. To make it worse, the game also doesn’t support a mouse and keyboard. The old patches to fix the mouse and keyboard issue do not work either.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
If you are also troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to fix the GTA San Andreas mouse not working or spinning issue in Windows 10.
How do I fix my mouse in GTA San Andres on Windows 10 & 11?
1. Use a single processor core
- Launch the GTA Sand Andreas game and press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Right-click the gta_sa.exe option and choose Go to details.
- Now, right-click gta-sa.exe under the Details tab and click Set affinity.
- Next, uncheck to box for All processors.
- Finally, check the box for CPU 1 and click OK.
If your GTA San Andreas mouse is not working in the game, it might be because you are trying to use all your processor cores. The easy way around this is to set the affinity to use only a single core, as shown above.
2. Download DINPUT8.dll
- Download the DINPUT8.dll file on your PC.
- Now, right-click the downloaded zip file and select Extract files.
- Copy the extracted file and open the GTA San Andreas installation folder.
- Finally, paste the DINPUT8 dll files there and restart your game.
If your GTA San Andreas mouse is not working, you should download the DINPUT8.dll file. This has fixed the issue for many users, and you should try it too.
3. Run in compatibility mode
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
C:Program/Files/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto/San Andreas
- Right-click on the Gta_sa.exe file and select Properties.
- Now, click the Compatability tab at the top.
- Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Next, click the Compatibility mode dropdown and select Windows 7 or 8.1.
- Finally, click the Apply button, followed by OK to save the changes.
Launch the game from the Rockstar Game Launcher and check if the GTA San Andreas mouse is not working or spinning issue is resolved.
There you have everything you need to fix your mouse if it is not working on GTA San Andreas. You only need to follow the instructions to the letter, and everything should be back to normal.
If GTA San Andreas crashes on your PC, check our detailed guide to fix the problem for good.
Feel free to let us know the solution that helped you fix this issue in the comments below.