- HBO Max is one of the most widely used video streaming services in the world.
- If it can’t play the title, this can be caused by server problems, bad connection, or corrupt installation files.
- To fix this error, try reinstalling the app, clearing cache and cookies, or contacting their support team.
HBO Max can’t play title is one of the most common errors you face while using this streaming platform.
With 73.8 million subscribers, HBO Max is considered one of the most prominent services around the world.
In this article, we will look into ways of fixing HBO Max can’t play this error on different browsers, such as Safari, Xbox, and Chrome.
Before we get into the solutions, let’s discuss why this problem occurs. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Why does HBO Max can’t play title error happen?
HBO Max is a reliable service and has outstanding maintainability. However, some errors such as HBO Max can’t play title can happen.
There are some reasons for it, such as server-related problems or corrupt installation files. Outdated software or slow network connection can also bring up this error.
If HBO Max is not working with VPN, this article could help.
What should I do if HBO Max can’t play the title?
1. HBO Max can’t play title on iPhone & iPad (Clear cache on Safari)
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Then, click on Safari.
- Scroll down and select Clear History and Website Data.
- Finally, click on Clear History and Data.
This solution also applies if the HBO Max can’t play the title on your iPad because the system is the same as that on your iPhone.
If HBO Max can’t play a title on Mac, that’s most likely because of the connection or the Safari browser.
Try to clear the cache from the browser and check again if the problem still persists.
2. Clear cache (Google Chrome)
- Open your phone’s Settings and head over to Apps.
- Find and tap on the Chrome app.
- Finally, click on Storage. Choose Clear cache.
3. Clear cache (Firefox)
- Click the three horizontal lines from the top corner of the window and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Privacy & Security from the left pane, then scroll down on the right and click on the Clear Data button.
If HBO Max can’t play the title in Firefox, it would be very helpful to clear all the cookies and site data by performing the steps above.
4. Clear cache (Xbox)
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Then, head over to Settings, and choose System.
- Go to Storage.
- Next, highlight a storage device (does not matter which one, because this clears the cache for all storage devices).
- Press the Y button on your controller to bring up Device Options.
- Finally, select Clear System Cache, and then choose Yes.
Sometimes, HBO Max can’t play the title on Xbox but clearing the system cache like in the above solution will most likely solve the problem.
5. HBO Max can’t play title on Apple TV
- Sign out of HBO Max on your Apple TV.
- Restart your Apple TV by navigating to Settings, then go to System and access the Restart option.
- Open HBO Max, sign in to your account, and try streaming again.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, you can also uninstall the HBO Max app on your Apple TV and download it again from the App Store on your device.
6. HBO Max can’t play title on Mac (Clear cache on Safari)
- Click the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Choose the Advanced tab and check the Show Develop menu in the menu bar option at the bottom.
- Now click on Develop and select Empty Caches from the submenu items.
- Reload the website and see if the HBO Max title is loading.
On Mac computer, it’s all about clearing the cache from the Safari browser, just like you did for the browser for iPhone and iPad.
7. Other confirmed solutions
1. Turn off your browser extensions
- Open your browser and tap on the three dots.
- After that, choose Settings. Then, open the Extensions tab.
- Finally, disable all of your browser extensions and restart your browser.
Some extensions have conflicts with applications or websites. Turning off all of your browser’s extensions can help you figure out if HBO Max can’t play title can be due to your extensions.
2. Look into HBO Max servers
Because HBO Max is an online streaming service, its servers play a crucial role in delivering a seamless experience to you.
If their servers are down, you need to stay tight while their technical team works on their servers’ problems.
Once they figure it out, you can get back to watching your favorite shows and enjoying them. To check their servers, you can use a third-party app, such as Downdetector.
3. Check HBO Max supported devices
One reason for HBO Max can’t play title error might be that you are using an unsupported device. HBO Max supports most TVs, computers, phones, and tablets.
The HBO Max can’t play title error may be due to the fact that it cannot download the video for streaming on your device.
However, you might be using an unsupported device. If you are not sure your device is supported by HBO Max, you can take a look at HBO Max Help Center.
4. Check the network connection
HBO Max needs a 5 Mbps minimum internet speed. Run a test using fast.com to make sure that your network speed is capable of bringing you an easy experience.
If your connection is slow or unstable, consider rebooting your router to reset your connection to your ISP servers.
5. Turn off VPN
Virtual Private Networks (VPN) cause network timeouts and delays from time to time. If your VPN is on when you face HBO Max can’t play title, turn it off and see if the error goes away.
However, if you need to use a VPN, try going for a more reliable, more stable VPN.
We also have a guide on what to do if HBO Max is not working with the VPN that will provide more information and solutions for this problem.
VPN services offer many benefits for video on demand. They can help increase speed rates by connecting you to faster servers and gaining you access to geo-restricted content across the globe.
If you are interested in a reliable VPN that has thousands of servers worldwide, we recommend you try Private Internet Access. It comes at a reasonable price and implements next-gen privacy features.
6. Contact HBO Max support
If none of the solutions above fixed HBO Max can’t play title, you need to contact their support team. They will look into your problem and see what is wrong and what you can do to get you out.
Just make sure to tell them everything you have tried so far and your account and device information, so that they can help you out better.
To contact the HBO Max support team, head over to HBO Max Help Center.
Why does the HBO Max app doesn’t play sounds?
We are not in the silent movies era anymore, which means that there must be something wrong if HBO Max does not play sounds.
Try another show or movie to see if the problem is specific. If the problem is with the entire app, check the audio levels of your media player, device, and speakers.
Also, make sure that your Bluetooth is off and do not disturb is not enabled so that the audio is not sent away from the device.
If you faced a problem that was specific to a movie or show, reach out to them using their Feedback Forum.
HBO Max can’t play title can have an impact on all HBO subscribers who are looking for a seamless experience.
Most of the time, the problem is caused by a slow internet connection, so make sure to test it before moving on to more complicated fixes.
Check out this article if you’re looking for the best VPNs for HBO Max to stream online videos.
Let us know whether you were able to resolve the HBO Max title issue in the comments section below.