SOLVED: HP Envy printer doesn’t print after Windows 10 upgrade
What to do if HP Envy printer won’t print
If you’re using an HP Envy printer, there’s a chance that it won’t work after the upgrade to Windows 10. That’s exactly what a lot of HP Envy printers users have reported recently. Luckily there’s a solution to this problem, but it requires a few actions from your side.
As you probably noticed, most of the problems appearing on Windows 10 after the upgrade are driver-related, and that’s exactly the case with our HP Envy printers, as well, and Microsoft confirmed that after a lot of users complained about the problem on the company’s Community forums.
Steps to fix HP Envy printer issues
Solution 1 – Uninstall or reinstall HP Envy Printer Drivers
CBGrant, a Microsoft employee who reached to complaining users on Community forums explained that that outdated drivers are the problem, and reinstalling the will completely fix the issue, and you’ll be able to do your printing jobs without a problem.
After upgrading to Windows 10, you may receive a notification that your HP ENVY e-All-in-One printer has failed to install. To successfully complete the installation, you must remove and reinstall the software and printer after the Windows 10 upgrade as outlined in the procedures below.
So, in case you don’t know how to re-install your HP Envy printer drivers, do the following:
- Go to Search, type device manager, and open Device Manager
- Find your HP Envy printer, right-click on it, and go to Uninstall
- Wait for the process to finish
- After the uninstallation is finished, right click on HP Envy Printer again, and go to Update Driver Software (or you can go to HP’s website, and search for the drivers yourself)
As we know, for now, reinstalling drivers appears to fix all problems with HP Envy printers, but it would be good if Microsoft could include it in one of the future updates for Windows 10, so users don’t have to reinstall drivers manually.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Can’t remove printer in Windows 10
Solution 2 – Disable UAC (User Account Control)
Disabling UAC (User Account Control) in Windows then might fix your problem as well. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Start Menu and type in the search box “UAC” to open the User Account Control Settings
- Turn off UAC by dragging the slider to “Never notify” and confirm by clicking on OK
- Reboot your Windows 10 computer
- Check if your problem is solved
Solution 3 – Delete Temporary Folder
Here are some steps for you to follow in order to delete the files from the temporary folder:
- Click on Start Menu and type in “RUN” and open the app
- Type in the dialog box %temp% and click the Enter key
- Delete the files inside the folder
- Restart your Windows 10 computer
Solution 4- Run Windows 10’s troubleshooters
If the issue persists, you can also run the Printer and Hardware and Devices troubleshooters from the Settings page, as shown in the screenshots below.
Run the Printer troubleshooter
Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
If you’re still having issues with your peripherals or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as peripheral failure but also file loss and malware.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: Unable to Install Printer in Windows 10
- HP printer firmware available with fixes for blocked non-HP ink cartridge
- How to fix error 49.4c02 on your HP printer
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on December 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]