How to convert multiple images into a PDF file in Windows 10
PDF is definitely one of the most popular file formats. We use PDF files to create ebooks, manuals, and even picture galleries. Creating a PDF file is fairly easy in Windows 10, but in this article, we’re not going to talk about creating a regular PDF file.
As we mentioned, you can create an image gallery in PDF out of your regular images, for easier sharing, or simply more practical storing. Unlike some other actions, like taking a PDF screenshot, or creating a custom Live Tile, that are not possible with Windows 10’s built-in features, Microsoft’s latest operating system actually has the ability to transform multiple images into a single PDF file.
Creating a PDF file from your images is perhaps the most useful if you want to club all your scanned documents together. So, we assume you’ll mainly use Windows 10’s PDF-creating option for that purpose.
So, if you want to create PDF image galleries, Windows 10 has all you need. We also have to mention that this feature is only available in Windows 10, so if you want to create a PDF image gallery in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7, you’ll have to use a third-party program for that. You can use a third-party program in Windows 10, as well, if you don’t like the default option, it’s all up to you.
How to create PDF image galleries in Windows 10
Here’s exactly what you need to do to make a PDF file out of your images:
- First thing first, make sure all your images are placed in a folder, and opened in the File Explorer. That way you’ll be able to use the printing option, as it’s not available on Desktop
- Now, select all the images you want to turn into a PDF file, right-click the first one, and choose Print
- When the window pops up, select Microsoft Print to PDF printer
- From this window, you can also choose paper size, quality of images, and see a preview of each image. Once you’re done with all settings, just hit Print
- Select a folder where you want to save your PDF file
- Wait for the wizard to finish the process
There you go, now you just need to open the PDF file, and all your images will be stored there. As you can see, the process is pretty easy and straightforward. You can use the Microsoft Print to PDF printer to combine as many images into PDF as you want.
How to set up the Microsoft Print to PDF printer
Using the Microsoft Print to PDF printer is very effective, you just saw that, however it might not appear for all users by default. So, in case you can’t find the Microsoft Print to PDF printer under the list of available printers, you’ll have to enable it by yourself.
Here’s how to do that:
- Repeat the first two steps from above, in order to open the printing wizard
- Under Printers, select Install Printer…
- Now, instead of waiting for the wizard to find a printer, click on Printer I want isn’t listed
- On the Add Printer dialog box, click the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option and click Next
- Make sure Use an existing port is selected, and choose FILE: (Print to File) from the dropdown menu
- Now, under Manufacturer choose Microsoft, and under Printers choose Microsoft Print to PDF
- If the printer is already installed on your computer, just choose the Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended) option
- Leave the name as Microsoft Print to PDF, which is set by default
- On the next window, select Set as the default printer
- Click Next, and wait for the installer to finish
There you go, after installing the Microsoft Print to PDF printer, you’ll be able to normally create PDF files from images, like we’ve shown you above.
Since this tutorial is solely for Windows 10, it won’t work on older versions of the system, like we mentioned at the beginning of this article. To perform this action in Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, we recommend downloading and installing doPDF. Once you install this utility, perform the process as shown above, but this time use the doPDF printer, instead of Microsoft’s Print to PDF printer.
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, just let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to change the default font of the Registry Editor in Windows 10
- How to rename multiple files at once in Windows 10
- Fix internet problems with Wireless adapters incompatible with Windows 10
- How to protect files from deletion in Windows 10
- Restore the Control Panel link to the Win+X menu in Windows 10
Browsers are widely used to access information available on the World Wide Web. Besides that, browsers are stores of information; they remember everything you do […]
Windows 10 with supported laptops and PCs offers Windows Hello feature that allows the system users to log in to their user account through facial […]
It happens that after installing a new SSD and changing the boot drive, while booting the computer you may encounter some issues. One such issue […]