A wide number of Minecraft player have reported encountering a glitch that makes blocks invisible. Whenever this happens, the game doesn’t allow the player to mine that block. This issue can be extremely annoying, especially if you need to mine a large area of blocks that turned into invisible blocks (ghost blocks).
Here is what one player had to say about this issue on Reddit:
Hey guys, over my long “career” of Minecraft I have stumbled across a glitch where mining blocks too fast someones leaves some blocks invisible unbroken and when I try to go trough them I just get stuck and to fix it I have to place blocks where I think it is to finally remove it. Gets really annoying when I have to clear a 50 x 50 area in a cave for whatever reasons or generally clearing in the Nether. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?
For these reasons, in this article, we will explore some of the best suggestions made by users on the official forums. Even though this is not a permanent fix for this issue, it may help some of you.
How to get rid of invisible blocks in Minecraft?
1. Temporarily solve the issue by clicking your mouse
- This method is recommended only in the case that your problem area includes only a few blocks. In order to be able to clear ghost blocks, it is recommended that you right-click on each of them.
- If you have to mine a large area of blocks, then follow the 5th method presented in this article.
2. New block ‘trick’
- Place another normal block inside of it. This method, of course, only applies if the area that you want to clear is pretty small. Otherwise, it would take a long time to achieve noticeable results.
- Even though this might seem too easy to be true, in the case of some users, this method helped, so it is worth a try.
3. Modify your view distance in-game settings
- In the case of some users, modifying the view distance setting allowed them to get rid of a considerable amount of ghost blocks easily.
- To do that, just open your options and change the view distance a bit and check if that solves the problem.
4. Reload all chunks using your keyboard
- If you encounter invisible block, just press the keys F3+A on the keyboard.
- This reloaded all of the chunks, including the ones that went invisible because of the glitch.
5. Disconnect and reconnect
- If all of the above-mentioned methods didn’t help you, you can try disconnecting from the server and reconnecting immediately after.
- This method seems to reset the entire range of ghost blocks, and it can be a good method in the case that you need to remove a great number of blocks.
Please let us know in the comment section below if this guide helped you solve the invisible block glitch in Minecraft.
- Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition install fails with error 0x80070005
- How to fix Minecraft no internet connection errors on PC
- How to fix Minecraft error code 5 on Windows PCs