FIX: IPVanish won’t connect Windows 10
Most VPN connection failures are brought about by something that blocks the connection to the VPN servers. If your VPN, IPVanish won’t connect in Windows 10, there are some issues that could be causing it.
IPVanish is one of the fastest VPN for Windows 10, which owns and operates all 750 of its servers in 61 countries across the globe, for better security and privacy, plus a less congested connection.
Some other reasons why you may not be able to connect to IPVanish VPN include:
- Your location, which could be blocking PPTP VPN connections, probably because your ISP is blocking it. You can actually ask them directly.
- Time and Date settings on your computer, which if inaccurate, can cause VPN connection problems
- If your router supports or is configured for PPTP VPN or not
- Firewall interference can affect connection to your VPN
- Installation and creation errors
While these are some of the possible reasons, other reasons may exist specific to your situation, but here are some solutions you can use if IPVanish won’t connect in Windows 10.
FIX: IPVanish won’t connect in Windows 10
1. General troubleshooting
You can try and reboot your devices before opening any other apps on your computer, as this is one of the main issues why IPVanish won’t connect in Windows 10.
You can also check your password and ensure the username and password are both typed correctly. Also confirm that your internet connection is working while disconnected from the VPN.
Unlike IP vanish, Cyberghost VPN is a great tool which helps to keep your IP private and its features are fully compatible with Windows 10.
- Get now CyberGhost VPN (77% flash sale).
2. Ping the VPN server
You can check whether you can reach the server you’re going to connect to by pinging it.
- Click Start and type CMD in the search bar
- Click Command Prompt
- Type ping 8.8.8 (you can replace it with the address you wish to ping) and press enter
3. Disable UAC
Disabling UAC helps you confirm if it will allow OpenVPN and PPTOP connections to work. Here’s how to do this:
- Click Start
- Select Control Panel
- Type UAC in the control panel search box
- Click on Turn User Account Control (UAC) on/off
- Uncheck the box for Use User Account Control (UAC) and press enter or click OK
- Restart your device and try to connect again
>> ALSO READ: Best VPN software for Hulu [2018 List]
4. Other solutions
- Check your mobile carriers. Get in touch with your ISP and check if the mobile carrier supports PPTP connections on different devices.
- Try connecting with another computer. Some VPNs work well with other computers, so get a different computer and try IPVanish VPN on it just to see whether it works. If it does, the issue is with your own computer.
- Verify that the server you’re trying to connect to is online, and available, by checking the server status page.
- Try changing ports and/or protocols, to find one that works best for you by doing the following: Open the IPVanish app on your Windows device, log in with your IPVanish username and password, and click the Settings menu icon on the left and then select the Connection tab. Click on the Active Protocol drop-down menu to select your preferred VPN protocol. Retry the connection and repeat these steps with different port/protocol combinations to achieve the desired result.
- Temporarily disable security software such as firewalls or antivirus and retry the connection
- Test with a different internet connection as some types like public hotspots, cellular and hotel internet connections may be problematic.
- Make sure that if you are using a wireless or cellular data connection that you have a consistently strong signal that isn’t being interrupted. This is often overlooked as any device with a motor (fan, treadmill, refrigerator, etc.) can disrupt a wireless signal enough to cause intermittent problems.
- Attempt to connect to the closest server to your present location; servers further away are subject to more hops which include more chances for packet loss.
- Try to use a TCP-based connection (PPTP/OpenVPN-TCP) as UDP connections do not have the same error-correction and can be less stable.
- Verify that your security software is not causing a bottleneck when scanning inbound and outbound traffic for Trojans/viruses. If necessary, exclude the relevant ports. OpenVPN = TCP and UDPports 443 and 1194; PPTP = ports TCP/1723 & GRE; L2TP = ports UDP/500, UDP/1701 & UDP/4500 & ESP
- Reboot your equipment – modem, router, and computer in that order. A stuck process could be causing delays in processing, and you’d never know about it.
If you are presented with a message saying “Authentication Failed” either by any IPVanish VPN apps or in one of the VPN logs, then your username and password were not accepted for three reasons:
- The account has expired, either deliberately due to having been cancelled or unintentionally due to a failed payment. You can login to IPVanish VPN website to find out the status of your account. Only active accounts will allow you to log into a VPN server.
- The username and password you are trying to use are not correct. Make sure you can login to IPVanish website. If you’re having trouble logging in, reset your password.
- There’s a server issue. Contact IPVanish for server related support and solutions.
Did any of these help fix IPVanish won’t connect to Windows 10 issue? Let us know in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to add desktop shortcuts in Windows 10 for VPN Quick Connect
- FIX: Tunnelbear error connecting to server
- FIX: ExpressVPN won’t install in Windows
- Top 5 Corporate VPN solutions to boost your business [2018 List]
A large number of VMware users have reported encountering the following error message: Not enough physical memory is available to power this virtual machine with […]
Some users have reported that they are having problems when trying to log in their Uplay client. Apparently, they receive an error message that looks […]
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]