If your VPN app isn’t working properly, fails to connect, or gets blocked by the website you’re trying to access, don’t worry.
We have easy workarounds prepared for any problem you might be facing.
What is a VPN error?
A VPN error is an error message that your VPN program shows when you’re trying to perform an action: install the application, update to the latest version, connect to a VPN server, and so on.
It’s usually accompanied by an error code that describes the root of the problem, which you can look up online to find a solution (it’s probably how you ended up on Windows Report).
What are some common VPN issues and resolutions?
- VPN fails to connect to a server
- The Internet disconnects after connecting to VPN
- VPN connection gets blocked on Windows PC
- VPN fails to authenticate
- VPN is connected but not working
Recurring VPN error codes
- VPN error 789: L2TP connection failed due to security settings
- VPN error 806: the GRE protocol is blocked
- VPN error 809: the remote server is not responding
- VPN error 734: the PPP link control protocol terminated
- VPN error 807: the network connection to the VPN server was interrupted
Visit our VPN Troubleshooting Hub for a complete list of VPN errors and solutions.