A virtual private network (VPN) is largely used to protect user’s online privacy and spoof their physical location. Most of the VPN software have a good performance, but sometimes you can encounter errors, crashes or different connection issues with your VPN program.
If your VPN is not working, not connecting or has been blocked, there are some quick fixes you can try and have it solved.
What are the most encountered problems with VPN connection?
First of all, to identify the issue, we have to consider that there are 4 main causes of VPN not working:
- VPN connection attempt is rejected
- An unauthorized connection is accepted
- Cannot reach locations beyond the VPN server
- Unable to establish a tunnel.
Check the troubleshooting guides from these articles if you get a VPN connection issue and find the best solution to fix them:
- VPN is connected but not working
- slow VPN connection
- VPN isn’t connecting on Windows 10 PC
- VPN Unlimited “No internet connection” error
- VPN does not work through the router: how to enable the connection
- VPN blocked by Java security on PC
- HideMe VPN won’t connect
Common VPN error codes
Here is the list with the most common VPN error codes and to find out the solution to fix it just click on the link:
- VPN error 421
- VPN error 619
- VPN error 651
- VPN error 691
- VPN error 720
- VPN error 721
- VPN error 789
- VPN error 800
- VPN error 806
- VPN error 807
- VPN error 809
- VPN error 812
- VPN error 868
VPN not working with your browser?
There are many users who experienced problems with browsers via VPN. This is the case with 3 of the most popular browsers and you can find the right solutions for each of them in our articles below.
Here are the first things to check if VPN is not working with your browser:
- Check the connection settings
- Inspect antivirus and firewall
- Clear browser cache
- Update your browser and VPN
- Switch VPN servers
For each browser there are specific steps and solutions described in details on the following articles: