Download Windows 10 KB4034674 to improve system security
Microsoft recently rolled out cumulative update KB4034674 to Windows 10 version 1703, bringing a series of useful bug fixes and improvements. This update fixes the annoying crashes triggered by Applocker and adds a bevy of security improvements to many Windows OS components. The update takes the OS build to version 15063.540.
KB4034674 official change log
- Addressed the issue where the policies provisioned using Mobile Device Management (MDM) should take precedence over policies set by provisioning packages.
- Fixed the issue where the Site to Zone Assignment List group policy (GPO) was not set on machines when it was enabled.
- Addressed the issue where the AppLocker rules wizard crashes when selecting accounts.
- Addressed the issue where the primary computer relationship is not determined when you have a disjoint NetBIOS domain name for your DNS Name. This prevents folder redirection and roaming profiles from successfully blocking your profile or redirects folders to a non-primary computer.
- Addressed the issue where an access violation in the Mobile Device Manager Enterprise feature causes stop errors.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Windows Search Component, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Windows PDF Library, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Server, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Windows Subsystem for Linux, Windows shell, Common Log File System Driver, Internet Explorer, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
There is also one known issue on the list. More specifically, this update may change Czech and Arabic languages to English for various apps. For the time being, there is no workaround available to solve this problem. Microsoft is already working on a fix and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
Windows Update will automatically download and install this update. You can also download the stand-alone package for KB4034674 from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Have you downloaded KB4034674 on your PC? Did you encounter any issues after you installed the update? Let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Guide: Here’s what you need to know
- How to address common issues with Windows Update
Using a VPN on your Windows Server has a lot of advantages for all parties included and it allows users in a small environment access to […]
The Windows 10 Action Center includes Quick Action buttons that provide shortcuts for adjusting settings. For example, users can press the Tablet mode button to […]