KB4103721 fixes Chrome crashes and RDP issues in Windows 10 April Update
The Windows 10 April Update received an important patch that fixes a series of bugs affecting early adopters. Update KB4103721 landed this Patch Tuesday and takes the OS version to build 17134.48. The update includes only quality improvements and it doesn’t introduce any new operating system features.
As a quick reminder, Remote Desktop connection issues and Chrome crashes are some of the most common Windows 10 April Update bugs. Last week, Microsoft acknowledged that its latest Windows 10 OS version was indeed affected by random Chrome freezes and system crashes. Fortunately, KB4103721 fixes all these problems and many more.
Windows 10 KB4103721 changelog
- Fixed the problem with the April 2018 Windows Servicing update that caused App-V Scripts (User Scripts) to stop working.
- Addressed the issue that may cause some devices to stop responding or working when using applications, such as Cortana or Chrome, after installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
- Microsoft also fixed the issue that prevented certain VPN apps from working on builds of Windows 10, version 1803.
- Time zone information should be accurately displayed now.
- Addressed the issue that may cause an error when connecting to a Remote Desktop server.
- The patch also brings new updates to Windows Server, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, HTML help, and Windows Hyper-V.
You can install KB4103721 automatically by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and hitting the ‘Check for updates’ button. You can also download the stand-alone update package from Microsoft’s Update Catalog.
Microsoft is not aware of any issues affecting KB4103721. If you noticed any bugs after installing this update, tell us more about your experience in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Disable Timeline in Windows 10 April Update to protect your privacy
- How to fix screen flickering after upgrading to Windows 10 April Update
- Apps can’t access camera/mic on Windows 10 April Update? [FIX]
Microsoft is gearing up for the next big Windows 10 build update in spring 2019. The software giant has just announced Windows 10 Insider Preview […]
Netflix is one of the foremost movie-streaming services that users can utilize within browsers or with its app. However, Netflix also throws out Something went […]
Microsoft rolled out a new series of cumulative updates for three Windows 10 versions: v1709, v1703 and v1607. The updates don’t come with any security fixes this […]