Is your keyboard freezing or hanging for a few minutes after you try to access your Hotmail account from a specific browser in Windows 8.1? Following the tutorial below will show you exactly what steps you need to do and also some useful tips in order to fix your keyboard if it is freezing while accessing the Hotmail account using Windows 8.1 operating system so go ahead and read further.
Your keyboard freezes in Windows 8.1 while trying to access different mail accounts mainly because of the incompatible Add-ons you might have installed on your Internet Explorer browser or perhaps on another browser like Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You will see below where you need to go in order to disable these add-ons and also what additional checks you need to do in order to make your keyboard in Windows 8.1 work again.
Tutorial for fixing freezing keyboard using Microsoft Hotmail account in Windows 8.1
While using your Internet Explorer in Windows 8.1 we will try to run the app without any third part add-ons that you might be using.
- Press and hold the “Windows” button and the “R” button in order to open the “Run” window.
- In the “Run” window next to the “Open” feature you will have to write the following: “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” –extoff
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button in the “Run” box.
- After you run the command posted above Internet Explorer should open the “Add-ons disabled” page.
- In the Internet explorer “Add-ons disabled” page it should say the following: “Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons”. Now you will need to go to your Microsoft Hotmail account and sign in.
- If your keyboard is working for you now in the Hotmail account then one of the add-ons you are using with Internet Explorer is causing the freezing issue.
- In the “Add-on disabled” page you will need to left click on the “Manage add-ons” button situated in the lower side of the window.Note: another wait to open the “Manage add-on” feature is by pressing and holding the “Alt” button and the “X” button and from the menu that shows you can left click or tap on the “Manage add-ons” feature.
- On the left side in the “Manage add-on” window you will need to left click or tap on the “Toolbars and Extensions” feature.
- You will have a list on the right side with all the add-ons you have installed on Internet Explorer.
- Left click or tap on the recently installed add-on first and left click or tap on the “Disable button.
- See which of the add-on is causing you Internet Explorer to freeze thus preventing you from using your keyboard.
- If you find the specific add-on that is causing this issue I suggest you either update it or just uninstall it from your operating system if you are not using it.
Note: if you disabled add-ons that are working you can go to the “Manage add-ons” page again but this time left click on the specific add-on and left click on the “Enable” button.
You will have to do the same and disable the add-ons for any type of internet browser (Chrome, Mozilla, etc) if you are not using the Internet Explorer to log in to you Microsoft Hotmail account.
- Verify that your keyboard is working outside this issue. If your keyboard freezes while just using your Windows 8.1 operating system and not related to the “Hotmail” account you will have to first check if you have a good connection to the keyboard, either a USB connection or a wireless connection.
- Also verify the drivers you have installed for your keyboard and make sure that they are compatible with your Windows 8.1 operating system. If the drivers are not compatible you will have to check on the manufacturer’s website and install the recent ones from there.
The last thing you need to do if the steps above did not work is to completely uninstall the browser you are using in Windows 8.1 and install a fresh copy of it from the internet and make sure it is compatible with your Windows 8.1 operating system.
There you go, the few and easy options you have above will fix your Microsoft Hotmail freezing keyboard issue in the shortest time possible and prevent it from reappearing again. If you have any additional questions related to this article you can write us below in the comments section of the page and we will help you further with this issue.