Microsoft has released a new firmware update for Lumia 650 phones, just a few months after the release of a major update for the company’s flagship model devices, Lumia 950 and 950 XL which featured specs like Double Tap to Wake. Now, this coveted feature is coming to Lumia 650 models.
Lumia 650 phone owners first came across this update using the Windows Device Recovery tool. All users can now easily claim the update by going to Settings > Update & security where they’ll find the recent update.
The good news doesn’t end here. Lumia 550 has also received a firmware update with the same version number, just not the hankered double tap functionality. The update brings better stability for features like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, akin to Lumia 950 and 950 XL devices.
Microsoft has released a changelog associated with the update for firmware version 01078.00042.16352.50xxx:
- Support for double tap to wake enabled for Lumia 650.
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
For those who haven’t received the update yet, you might have to wait a bit longer as it is not completely available to all devices yet. The updates are region and carrier dependent, and are usually deployed in waves.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Glance screen doesn’t turn off while Lumia is charging, here’s why
- Extend Lumia 950 battery life with this Mugen Power Extended Battery
- Microsoft to end Lumia smartphone sales by the end of this year