Mass Effect: Andromeda DirectX errors [FIX]
Mass Effect: Andromeda is a great space exploration game, but unfortunately many fans are still struggling to even launch the game. When they hit the play button, the game immediately crashes and one of the two DirectX errors appear on the screen: “DirectX is unable to create buffer” or “Direct3D couldn’t allocate enough memory”.
Here’s how one player describes this issue:
I have been struggling the entire day to get andromeda to work. My problem is that it crashes saying, “Directx unable to create buffer” or “direct3D could’nt allocate enough memory” and sometimes even resulting in a bluescreen on windows 10
If you’re experiencing the same issues or similar ones, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
How to fix Mass Effect: Andromeda DirectX crashes
1. Install the latest version of Origin. For more information, check out this Origin support page.
2. Repair the game
Go to your game library >right click Mass Effect Andromeda > select Repair.
3. Install the latest Windows updates on your computer as well as the latest GPU driver updates. As a quick reminder, NVIDIA recently rolled out its 378.92 driver and AMD released its Crimson ReLive 17.3.3 driver, both for improved Mass Effect: Andromeda performance.
4. Run a SFC scan
Corrupt system files can cause various game issues. Here’s how to perform an SFC scan:
- Go to Start > type cmd > select the first result > right-click it > run Command Prompt as an admin
- Now type the sfc /scannow command > hit Enter > wait for the scan process to complete.
5. Change the Post-Processing Quality setting to medium or low from your GPU driver settings.
6. Disable your overclocking software if you use one.
7. Go to your GPU driver settings and change the Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.
We hope that one of the workarounds listed above help you fix DirectX errors in Mass Effect: Andromeda. If you come across other solutions, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Pathfinder Helmet missing? Just have a little patience
- How to fix common Mass Effect: Andromeda bugs
- Mass Effect: Andromeda system requirements for PC
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]