The Media Feature Pack for the N versions of the Window 10 Creators Update is now available for download. This means that users of the Creators Update N Edition can now install Media Player and other related technologies on their computers.
As a quick reminder, the Windows 10 N editions offer the same functionality and features as the regular Windows 10 versions, except for media-related technologies. A series of programs are not available in the N editions of Windows 10 version 1703 include the Windows Media Player, Skype, Video, Voice Recorder, and more.
As a result, users need to install other software from Microsoft or other companies in order to play or create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs, to stream music, or take and store pictures.
If you’re running a Windows 10 v1703 N Edition, you can now download the new Media Feature Pack from Microsoft’s Support page.
The Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Creators Update
The Media Feature Pack for the Creators Update includes the following features:
- Windows Media Player user experience: Enables Windows Media Player features.
- Windows Media Player ActiveX control: Exposes methods and properties to manipulate multimedia playback from a webpage or an app.
- Windows Media Format: Provides support for the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) file container, the Windows Media audio and video codecs, basic network streaming capability, and digital rights management (DRM).
- Windows Media DRM: Enables the secure delivery of protected content for playback on a computer, portable device, or network device.
- Media sharing and Play To: Enables music, pictures, and videos on a networked computer to be shared with other computers and devices on the same network. Also enables computers to find those kinds of files on the network.
- Media Foundation: Provides support for content protection, audio and video quality, and interoperability for DRM.
- MPEG, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AMR, and Dolby Digital audio codecs
- VC-1, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265, and H.263 codecs
- Groove Music
- Video: A preinstalled app that is used to play digital video.
- Voice Recorder
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Creators Update disables Remote Desktop Connection for some users
- Windows 10 Creators Update prevents PCs from shutting down [FIX]