- Many users claimed that the error message We are sorry - We've run into an issue occurs when trying to use Microsoft Teams.
- In order to fix this platform issue, you need to update MS Teams to the latest version.
- To get rid of this annoying error, consider using the web client through any popular browser.
- Another possible way to fix the problem is to enlarge Microsoft Teams, and try logging in again.
Organizations in the XXIst century rely on communication now more than ever, especially in a world where your staff is located not just in another building, but maybe even another continent altogether.
As such, tools that can improve the level of collaboration between employees can be crucial. That is where having a good collaborative tool can be extremely helpful.
One very good example of such a tool is Microsoft Teams, a free collaborative tool that comes bundled with the Microsoft Office Suite, but it can also be downloaded and used separately as well.
However, with all of its great features and tool sets, even Microsoft Teams is prone to the occasional issue.
For example, users have been reporting getting an error message whenever they try logging into it:
Microsoft Teams won’t sign in this morning. I just get the message that says We’re sorry-We’ve run into an issue. There’s a button to Try again. Also it says If That doesn’t work, try signing out and back in again. The Try again button doesn’t work.
How can I bypass this issue and sign into MS Teams?
1. Update MS Teams to the latest version
If you are using the MS TEams Desktop client, make sure that you update it to the latest version.
The desktop app automatically updates but, if you want, you can still check for available updates by clicking your profile picture at the top of the app, and then selecting the Check for updates option.
2. Use the web client
Most login issues related to Microsoft Teams usually involve those that access it via the desktop client.
If you are also using the desktop client and encounter the We’re sorry—we’ve run into an issue error, simply consider switching to the web client, which you can access via any of the most popular browsers.
Also, if you are sick of Microsoft Teams’ constant issues, then take a closer look at our dedicated guide to find the best cloud collaboration software to work on team projects.
3. Enlarge Microsoft Teams and try again
- Launch Microsoft Teams.
- Close the window with the error message.
- Enlarge the Teams window, and click on the Signing out link.
- Login to Teams again.
This workaround has proved to be quite a useful one, as many users have said that it has helped them get rid of this error, so it’s worth trying it out.
4. Other workarounds to consider
To use Teams as efficiently and effectively as possible, keep these suggestions in mind:
- Don’t create multiple teams for the same purpose
- Each project or complex task should have its own team
- Create a library of shared documents to avoid sharing the same files over and over again
- Create a two-way connection between Teams and SharePoint to extra efficiency
- Enable all the security features supported on Teams for peace of mind
5. Wait for MS Teams to patch things up
Admittedly, this is the most counter-productive method of them all. However, Microsoft frequently runs into bugs and issues that prevent a user from accessing MS Teams.
As such, your best bet is to simply wait until they release another patch and see whether it fixed it or not.
By following these steps, you shouldn’t see the We are sorry we’ve run into an issue error anymore when trying to log in.
Also, we’ wrote more about Microsoft Teams login errors, so be sure to check out our comprehensive guide and fix them with ease.
If you have faced this issue and are aware of another way to solve this problem, share it in the comments section below so that other users can try it, as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many Microsoft Teams error codes can be quite hard to interpret as they offer very little information about the root cause of the problem. To check out if there are any known Microsoft Teams issues, visit the Office 365 Health Status page.
You can use Microsoft Teams to work remotely, host webinars, set up a communication channel with your team, share files, collaborate on shared documents, chat, and more. You can also find the best cloud collaboration software to work on team projects.
To use Teams as efficiently and effectively as possible, create a library of shared documents to avoid sharing the same files over and over again.