If you want to know how to migrate your Adobe Acrobat to a new computer, you have to look no further as you just found the perfect step-by-step guide to help you with this.
Having the capability of migrating the data from your Adobe applications to another PC can be extremely useful, as it can help if you want to set up a new PC, or if you want to fully back up your settings.
Because our goal is to help you sort this problem out fast, in this article we will explore the best methods to sort this issue out fast and easily.
Please follow the steps presented in this list in the order that they were written to avoid any problems.
How can I migrate Adobe Acrobat to another computer?
1. Deactivate Acrobat on the old computer
- Open the application -> click the Help menu -> select Deactivate.
- Select Suspend activation -> transfer the license to the new PC.
- After successfully transferring the license to your new PC -> come back to the original PC’s screen -> choose to Deactivate Permanently.
Note: It is recommended that you only perform step number 3 if you’ve already activated the license on the newly configured PC. Please be aware that if the activation of your license is not successful, you can come back to the Help window on the original PC, and re-activate it there.
2. Log into the My Adobe website
- Log into your My Adobe account on the official website.
- Hover your mouse over your name -> select My Products and Services.
- Click the arrow next to Adobe Acrobat to see the license key.
3. Download the installation file on your new PC
- Open your new PC up -> navigate to the Adobe website.
- Log into your account using the same credentials from the original activation of your license.
- If you bought Acrobat online -> hover your mouse over your profile name -> choose My Orders (or download a trial version if not)
- Find the Adobe Acrobat app in the list -> choose Download.
- Run the installation process and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Copy-paste or type in the license key for your account.
In today’s how-to guide we explored the best methods to transfer your version of Adobe Acrobat to a new PC. We hope this guide has proven useful in your situation, and that you managed to sort the issue out fast.
Please feel free to let us know if you found this article helpful, or if you have any suggestions or opinions to share with us. You can get into contact with our team by leaving a comment in the section found below this article.