Blizzard released its ever-popular Destiny 2 game on Steam on August 2019 and since then many users have been trying to figure out a way to migrate from Blizzard to Steam.
This is a simple process, but for some users, it can be a nerve-wracking experience, considering the time they have spent playing the game on their PCs.
In this article, we will walk you through the step by step by guide to migrate from Blizzard to Steam and move your Destiny 2 account successfully to it.
How can I transfer a Blizzard account to Steam?
- To transfer Blizzard account to Steam, go to Bungie.net. Click the red bar at the top.
- If you don’t see the red bar, then go to PC Move page.
- Login to your Blizzard account.
- Click on Begin Transfer button on the page.
- Select Steam from the list of services.
- If you are not logged in, you will be asked to enter the username and password. Enter the details and sign in.
- Once signed in, select I’m Done to complete the Blizzard account transfer to steam.
Once the Blizzard account is migrated to Steam, you can play Destiny 2 from your Steam client.
This is a one-time offer from Blizzard that allows the Destiny 2 users to move from Blizzard to Steam. Blizzard discontinued Destiny 2 on its own server and the users are encouraged to move to Steam.
What to do if I don’t have a Steam client?
- Go to Steam.com and click on Install Steam.
- Download and install the Steam installer.
- If you don’t have a Steam account, you can create one for free during setup.
- Follow the steps above to migrate from Blizzard to Steam once the account is ready.
Steam is a popular platform that distributes digital games. The service offers all the major PC titles under one roof and also allows you to manage all the games from a single source.
What gets transferred to Steam?
If you were wondering what are the Destiny 2 properties from your Blizzard account that will be migrated to the Steam account, here they are:
- Cosmetic items like Ghosts, Sparrows, emblems, Weapons and armour, Triumphs
- Silver and Bright Dust, Expansions, Annual Pass, DLC
Everything the user had while playing the game on Battle.net will be moved to the Steam account. However, you may have to add your friends individually due to both the platforms having different userbase.
By following the steps in this article you can successfully migrate from Blizzard to Steam while retaining all the saves and game data. Just make sure you follow the steps carefully not to lose any details in the process.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- How to fix Steam’s Invalid Depot Configuration error
- Best gamepads for Steam to buy [2020 Guide]
- Want to add your GOG games to the Steam library? Try this