- Office 365 is an amazing suite of complex services that can help you take your daily work to the next level.
- However, some errors and bugs can ruin your experience. That's why it is necessary to always stay up to date.
Office 365 is one of the most used collaboration services worldwide. From simple tasks like writing a Word document, to Excel’s extensive calculations with formulas and functions, users count on Office to deliver the same experience every time.
But this application has endured various errors over time. Thereby, many people have encountered Most of the features have been disabled because this product needs an update or Most features are disabled because your office product is inactive error messages while trying to open Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel.
Keep reading to find sure ways to solve this annoying error message in most Office applications.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
How can I fix Most of the features have been disabled error?
1. After the trial version, activate your Microsoft Office 365
- On the Microsoft Activation Wizard window select that you want to activate the product using the Internet.
- Click on Next, if you have purchased.
- Download the Microsoft product. There is no product key needed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on Next, and press Enter to complete the activation process.
If your trial version of Microsoft Office has expired, you have to activate it in order to run the desired application like Word or Excel. An activation wizard window occurs on your system screen.
Therefore, you can do this very easily by following the steps above in the Microsoft Activation Wizard.
2. Check the status of your subscription
- Close all Office apps.
- Go to your Services and Subscriptions page.
- Select Sign in, and enter the email address and password of the Microsoft account.
- Check the details under the Subscriptions or Cancelled subscriptions heading. If your subscription has expired, you can renew it.
- After you renew your subscription, you can restart Word or Excel.
As you can see, dealing with activation errors in Office 365 is not that hard. Make sure that you have a valid subscription and that can easily solve your problem.
3. Run the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant
- Download Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
- Install the application on your PC and run it.
- Select Office and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen steps to fix your Office activation issue.
4. Reinstall Office
- Delete Office from your PC and then reinstall it. Signing out of Office does not uninstall it automatically.
- Sign out of Office, and completely uninstall Office. To make sure you do that, you can use one of these amazing tools.
- Now sign back in with your Microsoft account.
- Select Install Office from the Office home page.
- Select Run/ Setup/ Save File, depending on your browser.
- You are done start the Office software and see if the problem has been fixed.
Microsoft Office 365 is a great way to access Microsoft’s suite of office tools on a subscription basis, just make sure you’re up to date so everything works normally.
If you have more questions or suggestions, leave them in the comments section below, and we’ll be sure to check them out.