- Mouse lag in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare can occur due to various reasons, but fixing this issue is pretty simple.
- You can fix this issue by changing the game’s priority settings in Task Manager.
- Changing certain mouse settings might also resolve any mouse lagging that you have in the game.
- Players have confirmed updating drivers for certain gaming devices can fix mouse input lag for Modern Warfare.
Some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players have said in forum posts they need to fix mouse lag and stuttering for that game. Check out these potential resolutions if you need to fix mouse lag in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
How can I fix mouse lag for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare?
1. Update your mouse driver
First, check if you need to update the drivers for your mouse and graphics card. To do that, scan your PC with driver updater software.
The driver updater utility will list all devices you need to update drivers for. Then you can download and install the latest drivers for your mouse with the software.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Change the priority setting for COD: Modern Warfare
- First, start the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game via its launcher.
- Then you’ll need to return to the Windows desktop without closing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare by pressing the Windows key or Alt + Enter hotkey.
- Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager on the context menu.
- Right-click the ModernWarfare.exe on the Details tab and select Set priority.
- Select the Normal option if any other setting is selected.
- Thereafter, close the Task Manager window; and return to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game.
After doing that, check if mouse lag is still present in Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
3. Adjust the game’s mouse settings
- Open the launcher, and run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Open the Options menu in the game.
- Click Keyboard & Mouse to open the settings shown directly below.
- Disable the Mouse Smoothing option if it’s enabled.
- Adjust the Mouse Acceleration bar to 0.00 if it’s set at a higher value.
- Configure the Mouse Filtering setting to a 0.00 value.
- Try adjusting the Mouse Sensitivity setting to different values to see if that makes a difference.
4. Disable the Fast Startup option
- First, open the search utility by pressing the Windows + S key combination.
- Type Control Panel in the search text box.
- Click Control Panel to open it.
- Then select Power Options in the Control Panel.
- Click Choose what the power buttons do to open further options.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable so you can adjust the options.
- Then uncheck the Turn on fast startup checkbox.
- Press the Save changes button.
After turning fast startup off, check if mouse lag in Call of Duty Modern Warfare is still there.
5. Plug your mouse into an alternative USB slot
There might be an issue with the USB port where the mouse is plugged in. So, try plugging your mouse into a different USB port.
If your mouse is currently plugged into a USB 3.0 slot, connecting it with a USB 2.0 slot might resolve the lag issue.
6. Change the report rate for your mouse
- Open the configuration software for your mouse.
- Then open up the mouse settings within its configuration software.
- Select a Sensitivity tab or look for sensitivity settings like the ones shown directly below.
- Reduce the report rate value setting to at least 250 if you can.
The above resolutions might fix mouse lag for some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players. If further fixes are still needed, you can contact an Activision support agent via the Activision Support site for COD: Modern Warfare.