Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring are in for another treat from Microsoft: The software titan has rolled out a slew of fresh updates for the UWP MSN apps in the Windows Store, bumping up their software version to 4.20.933.0.
The update includes support for the dark theme in the MSN Weather app.
On top of the dark theme, users also have three other options, such as the white theme and the system’s theme of choice. The MSN News and the Sports apps have also received minor bug fixes.
Last year, Microsoft updated the MSN News, Sports and Money apps with the dark theme option.
The Weather app is currently the only MSN app that has an option for a transparent Live Tile. It is not clear when Microsoft plans to add Live Tile to the three other apps.
Microsoft has recently rolled up its sleeves in order to provide updates to a bevy of apps that ship with Windows 10 for Insiders.
Some apps, however, are not getting the same attention Microsoft is paying to other apps in terms of the dark theme consistency. So, it’s good to see the MSN Weather app receive the dark theme, even it is a tad late at that.
How to enable dark theme on MSN Weather
- Type Weather in the Start Search box to open the Weather app.
- Click the Settings icon located at the left bottom corner of the app.
- Under the General tab, you’ll see three options to change the theme:
- Select Dark.
The latest update to the Weather app for Windows 10 PC and Mobile is now available to download from the Windows Store for Insiders on the Fast Ring.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: MSN Weather App Doesn’t Work
- Here are the best Windows 10 weather apps to use
- Microsoft Updates MSN Universal Apps for Windows 10 Mobile