- Many NBC Sports subscribers were unable to access the NBC Sports channel these days.
- They received an authentication error on their device's screen although their account is in order.
- Restarting the system or TV and clearing the browser's cache can help in fixing this error quickly.
NBC Sports is a platform where users can watch live sporting events like the French Open, Football league, etc.
Not only just watching the live sporting event, but the preview of all upcoming events can also be watched.
In order to watch them, you have to subscribe to their channel and need to obtain the credentials from the server provider. After it authenticates the credentials, the subscriber is signed in to NBC Sports.
Recently, we have been getting several reports from many subscribers that they received an authentication error.
The message writes We’re sorry it looks like you’re not a subscriber to this channel. Please contact your provider. This prevented the subscribers from accessing the NBC Sports channel.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
Why is my NBC app saying not authorized?
When NBC sports users try to sign into the NBC Sports app using their credentials, it threw an authentication error, and the reasons for causing this error are listed below.
- Poor Internet connection – When a subscriber’s internet connection is unreliable, such mistakes are certain to occur in the system
- Corrupted browsing data – Any web browser’s corrupted data, such as cache and browsing history, may create similar problems
- A problematic NBC Sports app – If an application is installed incorrectly on a system, it becomes troublesome and generates such problems
- An outdated NBC Sports app – When an application is out of date, it causes a variety of issues, including authentication errors
If you are experiencing trouble authenticating to the NBC Sports channel, the five quick solutions below will definitely help you.
How do I fix the NBC Sports authentication error?
1. Update the NBC Sports app
- Open the Microsoft Store app on the system.
- Click the Library option on the left bottom panel of the Microsoft Store.
- Choose the Get updates button on the right end of the Library page.
- This starts to search for all the updates available for the applications installed from Microsoft Store.
2. Clear the chrome browsing data
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Press the Alt and F keys together and then press the S key which opens the Settings page.
- Select Privacy and security on the left panel and then click Clear browsing data.
- Now, click the Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files checkboxes.
- At last, click the Clear data button.
- This clears the browsing history, cache, and cookies of the Chrome browser.
We showed you how to perform this action in Chrome but the process is similar for most significant web browsers.
3. Check the Internet connection
When you have such troubles while logging in to any application, the first thing you should do is verify your Internet connection.
If you discover that your internet connection is unreliable and weak, you should disconnect it from the system and restart the router.
Wait a few minutes before reconnecting it. If you’re using an Ethernet connection, do the same thing by disconnecting the cable wire from the system.
If you are still unable to obtain a reliable Internet connection, contact your service provider.
4. Reinstall the NBC Sports app
- Open the Settings app by pressing together the Windows and I keys.
- Click Apps on the left menu and then select the Installed apps option on the Apps page.
- Once you are on the Installed apps page, search for the NBC Sports app from the list and click the three horizontal dots.
- Choose Uninstall from the list.
- Confirm it by clicking Uninstall again.
- This starts with uninstalling the NBC Sports app.
- Now open the Microsoft Store app.
- Type nbc sports in the Search bar on top and select the NBC Sports app from the results.
- Click the Get button on the NBC Sports page.
- This will start downloading and then installing the NBC Sports app.
- Once done, you can try launching the app and signing in.
5. Restart the system
If the issue is with the device or system from which you are attempting to access the NBC Sports application or channel, rebooting the device may be beneficial.
We recommend that our users restart their Windows system or TV once or twice and that no heavy apps run in the background.
How do I activate NBC Sports without a provider?
It appears that NBC Sports may be accessible not just through cable or service providers, but also without them.
The NBC Sports programs are available on services like YouTube TV, Fubo TV, Hulu + Live TV, and others, so you don’t necessarily need a cable subscription.
We also have a complete guide on how to stream NBC Sports online on your laptop and watch your favorite games.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section below.