A number of permission issues have been reported while trying to install various software on your PC. One of such is a situation where you get the error message that reads You do not have sufficient privileges to install the program.
Here’s how one user described the issue on Microsoft Answers forum:
I get this error message when trying to install a Network Connection printer driver.
Installing the USB connection is fine, but the other says I do not have sufficient privileges and I have the highest level of access.
On the other hand, you may still get this error, even after logging in as administrator. To resolve this issue, we’ll be showing you a handful of solutions in this tutorial.
How to fix Not sufficient privileges to complete this installation error?
1. Run Windows Explorer as an administrator
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Now locate Windows Explorer process, right-click on it and choose End Task from the menu.
- Now go to File > Run new task.
- Enter explorer and check the Create this task with administrative privileges box. Now click OK.
- Install the new program afterward .
2. Use Command Prompt
- Press Windows Key + R keys.
- Type cmd and then hit the Enter key.
- On the CMD window type net user administrator /active:yes.
- Login to the new administrator account and check if the issue is still there.
Note: You can revert the operation by typing net user administrator /active:no in the CMD window.
3. Convert your account to administrator account
- Open the Settings app and go to the Accounts section.
- Go to Family & other people and select your account. Choose Change account type.
- Select Administrator and confirm your choice.
4. Disable User Account Control
- Press Windows Key + S and type user account control.
- Now, select Change User Account Control settings from the list of results.
- Move the slider all the way down and click the OK button.
In conclusion, you should be able to fix You do not have sufficient privileges to install the program error by using one of our solutions. However, you can share your experience with us by dropping a comment below.
- How to check if Windows Firewall is blocking a port or program
- Set associations for a program is blank/greyed out [SOLVED]
- Programs not responding in Windows [Fix]