The OneDrive Android app allows users to sync, share, and upload files to their OneDrive account. However, some of them reported a login error while trying to sign in to the app.
The full error reads, “We couldn’t sign you in, please sign in later” and it can occur due to bad connectivity or cache issues. In this article, we have listed a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the error.
How can I fix the OneDrive app login error on Android?
1. Force stop OneDrive app
- From the app drawer tap on Settings. You can also access it from the notification panel. Pull down the notification panel and tap on the Gear (Settings) icon.
- Scroll down to the Apps section.
- Tap on Manage Apps.
- From the list of apps, locate OneDrive and tap on it.
- Tap on Force stop option and click OK to confirm the action.
- Try to open the OneDrive again and check for any improvements.
Force closing the app can fix minor bugs that are creating issues with the functionality of an app.
If OneDrive is not syncing on Android, follow the simple steps from this guide to fix the problem in no time.
2. Clear cache and app data
- From the app drawer, tap on Settings.
- Go to the Apps section and tap on Manage Apps.
- Find and tap on the OneDrive app.
- In the apps menu, tap on Clear Data.
- Here you will see two options. First tap on Clear cache.
- Now open the OneDrive app and check for any improvements.
- If the issue persists, go back to the Apps Manager.
- Tap on Clear data and select Clear all data.
- This will delete all the saved data (not your files) like password and other temporary data for the OneDrive app.
- Open the OneDrive app again and check for any improvements.
If the issue persists, try rebooting the device. You can reboot the device by pressing and holding the power key.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Open the App Drawer and locate the OneDrive app.
- Tap and hold on the OneDrive app.
- Select Uninstall when the options appear.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, reboot the phone.
- Open the Google Play Store and search for the OneDrive app.
- Install the app and check for any improvements.
The OneDrive Android app login error occurs due to bad cache or corrupted app files. Follow all the steps in this article to see if that helps you resolve the error. Do let us know if you have other workarounds in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Steps to enable Android phone notifications and messages on PC
- 4 Android data recovery software for PC to avoid nasty surprises
- 5 fast Android emulators for PC for a lag-free experience MEMU