When you decline a meeting invite in Outlook, that declined meeting email goes to the Deleted Items folder; and the meeting doesn’t appear on the application’s calendar. However, some users might still need to keep meetings they’ve declined to attend on their calendars.
Outlook doesn’t include any option that you can select to show declined meetings on the calendar. Nevertheless, you can still show a declined Outlook meeting on your calendar with this trick.
How can I see a declined meeting on Outlook’s calendar?
1. Show a declined meeting in Outlook 2019, ’16, and ‘13
- Click the mail button at the bottom left of Outlook’s window.
- Then click Deleted Items on the left of Outlook.
- Select the meeting you declined in Deleted Items.
- Then click the Accept button the right.
- Select the Do Not Send a Response option on the Accept button’s submenu. That will add the meeting to your Outlook calendar without sending a response.
2. Show a declined meeting in the Outlook web app
- You can show declined meetings on the calendar in the Outlook web app, but there are different steps. Open the Outlook app in a browser.
- Click the Toogle Left Pane button shown directly below.
- Then click Folders.
- Click Deleted Items to open that folder.
- Right-click the declined meeting and select the Move to Calendar option.
So, that’s how you can keep declined meetings on Outlook’s calendar. Note, however, that the meeting invite won’t be in Deleted Items if you’ve emptied that folder. If it isn’t there, you’ll need to request that the organizer send another invite to you.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT: