How to show or hide People Bar from Windows 10 taskbar
Microsoft introduced a new feature with Windows 10 build 16184 called My People, and we’ll show you how to add it or to remove the People bar from Windows 10 taskbar in case you don’t find it useful.
My People functionality
The My People feature was supposed to be shipped along with the Creators Update for Windows 10 and is a feature that makes it easier for users to connect with their friends and families. When using it, you can chat with all important contacts and you can also share photos straight from the taskbar.
The feature adds a people bar to Windows 10 taskbar. When you click on the icon, Windows will display your main contacts. By default, it displays the contact that you interact with most frequently. The My People feature helps you access contacts and conversation in an easier and faster way.
By default, the People bar appears on your taskbar but just in case it doesn’t. If you’d like to hide it, you will be able to accomplish in the Settings app.
Add/remove the People bar from Windows 10 taskbar
- Open Settings app and click on Personalization.
- Click on Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
- In the People section, turn off Show people on the taskbar to hide the People bar. Then turn the same option on to show it.
- Click on the People icon on the taskbar.
- Click on the three dots to see People bar settings and New contact options; then click on People bar settings option.
- When you’re in the People section, make sure to turn off Show people on the taskbar and this way, you’ll remove the People bar. Turn to option on and you’ll add the People bar back to the taskbar.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- High CPU usage after installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
- Windows 10 taskbar gets badge notifications for Universal apps
- Microsoft adds a People Bar with the Windows 10 Creators Update
Today Microsoft released a new Windows 10 19H2 build for a subset of lucky Windows insiders in the Slow ring. It’s not really new, because […]
Windows 10 May update packs a lot of changes. Some of them are visual, other are performance or security related. It’s already a known fact […]
Intel Optane memory is a smart technology that keeps track of your frequently used apps, documents, pictures, and videos and remembers them after shutdown. This […]