Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The Phoenix browser is a compact yet feature-packed, fast, and completely free mobile web browser for Android devices.
- Some of its key features include saving mobile data, an integrated ad-blocker, a built-in video player, or breaking news.
- Surprisingly, this web browser may also work on your Windows 10 & 11 desktops/laptops using an Android emulator.
If you love the features of the Phoenix browser and want to download it on your Windows 10 & 11 (32/64 bit) PC, we are here to help.
A surprisingly fast browser with some unique features like smart video download, breaking news, or the built-in video player, Phoenix is lesser known yet very powerful.
However, since the Phoenix browser was originally developed only for Android mobile devices, you may wonder if it works with Windows 10/11.
But, if you are looking for the best browsers for Windows 11 based on speed and security, we have a list for you in our detailed post.
Is Phoenix supported on Windows 10 & 11?
The Phoenix browser, in originality, is a mobile web browser specifically designed, especially for Android smartphones and tablets.
However, if you want to use it on Windows 10, you would need to install an Android APK and then run the browser.
On the other hand, Windows 11 now supports installing Android applications on the platform using the Windows Subsystem for Android which should be installed on your PC.
So, if you are wondering how to install the Phoenix browser on a PC (Windows 10/11), we have a quick guide for you.
Even though Phoenix is a very well-designed browser, it’s made specifically for mobile devices. This can make it hard to adapt the app to Windows.
A great alternative to it can be Opera One, a browser that works perfectly on PC, Mac, and Android. This browser comes with a generous bag of features that increase your protection and privacy: an Ad-Blocker and tracker blocker are already integrated, not to mention the free VPN build-in.
Opera OneA lightweight browser with unique built-in features to enhance security and privacy.
How do I download and install Phoenix on my PC?
1. Download & install Phoenix on Windows 10
- Install a trusted Android emulator on your PC.
- For example, we installed BlueStacks.
- Once installed, launch the emulator, and click on the PlayStore app shortcut on the home screen.
- Next, sign in with your Google ID.
- Now, search for the Phoenix Browser and as you see the result, click on the Install button.
2. Download & install Phoenix on Windows 11
To install the Phoenix browser in Windows 11, you can run the Google Play Store on Windows 11 using the Ubuntu terminal as explained in our post.
Now, follow the below instructions to proceed with the Phoenix browser installation:
- Launch Google PlayStore and log in with your Google credentials.
- Now, type Phoenix browser in the search bar and hit Enter.
- On the app page, click on Install.
Once installed, you can now start browsing on the Phoenix browser on your Windows 11 PC.
How do I make Phoenix my default browser?
Since you cannot access the Phoenix browser on Windows 10 directly, but through an Android emulator, you do not have a choice but to set it as a default browser on Windows.
However, you can set it as the default browser on your Android device as shown below:
- On your Android device, click on the gear icon (Settings).
- Under Settings, scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Next, tap on Choose default apps.
- Now, tap on the Browser app option.
5. In the next section, select Phoenix browser in the Settings, to set it as the default browser.
You can now use the Phoenix browser as your default browser on your Android device.
Can the Phoenix browser download movies?
Yes, Phoenix Browser is known for its smart download function that allows you to download movies from websites for free.
It automatically detects videos on any website, except YouTube, and shows a download icon to help you download the video.
You can follow the below instructions to download any video from any webpage using the Phoenix Browser:
- Open the Phoenix browser, go to the website, and navigate to the video you want to download.
- Click on the blue download button that appears on the bottom right.
- Next, in the Media Detector, select the video file to download the file.
Once downloaded, you can enjoy the movie offline on your Phoenix browser and save data.
Phoenix browser is a popular Android app with already over 50 million downloads on the Google Play Store. Moreover, it occupies only 7.4MB of your mobile phone’s memory.
So, if you want to download the Phoenix browser on Windows 10 & 11, and enjoy its unique features, you can follow our solutions above.
But, if you are looking for the best browsers for Android that use only a small amount of RAM, then you can refer to our detailed post for more information.
If you have any other queries on browsers, do leave a message in the comments below.