- Some users reported that the printer is not working on Windows 11, and most commonly it is recognized by the OS, but an error appears every time they print.
- There are some easy ways to fix it and the first thing to consider is running the OS troubleshooter.
- To make your Windows 11 printer work, you should also try to update the related drivers.
- Disabling your firewall will prevent your printer from ineffective communication.
The newest Microsoft OS is improved and should work fine in any situation. In these terms, it should allow you to use hardware devices such as printers or scanners in optimal conditions.
However, some users claimed that the printer is not working on Windows 11, and this is how they describe the problem on the Reddit forums:
Even if my computer finds the printer it will just give me an error every time I try to print something.
Of course, there are cases when the printer is not working at all or is not recognized by the OS.
What are other common printer problems?
1. Poor print quality
Sometimes, you might notice that your device is printing fuzzy or blurry, lines across the text, or other annoying stuff like that.
If you encounter this problem, the first thing to do is checking if you have the media type selected on the printer.
In addition, make sure that the paper in the tray matches the type selected in the print driver, and also verify the ink cartridges to ensure that there isn’t any damage or related issue.
2. Nothing gets printed
You might sometimes notice that nothing gets printed by your device. If you have more than one printer available on your PC, make sure that you’ve selected the right one for the process.
Also, verify if the printer is connected correctly to the Wi-Fi network, USB, or Ethernet connection.
Because this might be a temporary random bug, you should try shutting down the printer, then wait a few minutes, and turn it back on.
3. WiFi printing takes too long
If your WiFi printing takes too long, ensure that the WiFi router is close to your printer. Also, make sure there aren’t big objects, that might harm the connection.
As an additional suggestion, we recommend manually switch the channel of your wireless router.
We understand how annoying each issue can be, so we’re here to fix it once and forever, with some specialized methods that guarantee your success. Read this article entirely and find out the best solutions to consider.
What can I do if my printer is not working on Windows 11?
1. Check for Windows updates
2. Run the Printer troubleshooter
- Open Settings.
- Go to System, then select Troubleshoot.
- Select Other troubleshooters.
- Look at the Printer section, then click on the Run button.
This option and the previous one are the easiest methods. Both of them have high chances to solve hardware and software general issues. Thus, you should consider them as the first solutions to fix your printer problem.
3. Update the related drivers
- Click on the Search button, type Device Manager, then select it.
- Expand the Print queues section, then right-click on the needed one, and select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers.
Updating the related drivers might be one of the most efficient solutions to solve any printer problems.
We strongly admit it, considering that device drivers are the most important components, that allow you to properly use your peripherals. For automatic scans of missing or outdated drivers, do not hesitate to use DriverFix.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the related drivers
Uninstall the printer that is not working on Windows 11
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the Print queues section, then right-click on the needed one, and select Uninstall device.
- In the pop-up window, click on the Uninstall button.
- Open any web browser, then search for your printer manufacturer’s download center.
- Go to the driver download page.
- Usually, you need to type the exact model of your device.
- Download the latest driver, then follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
5. Disable the firewall
- Press the Windows key, then type Windows Defender Firewall, and select it.
- From the left window pane, choose Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Select the two Turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
- Press the OK button.
This option might help considering that sometimes an antivirus or firewall may be set too secure. Thus, it can prevent peripherals (such as your printer) from communicating effectively.
If the driver worked fine when you were running Windows 10, but now it just doesn’t fit with the Windows 11 OS, then you should wait a bit more for new improvements.
Check out this new and improved Windows 11 Universal Print driver
Before anything else, you should know that Universal Print represents a useful print solution, which can be used especially by organizations to manage their print infrastructure.
However, it is also an efficient option for individual users, so make sure you all take a look at the information listed below.
Microsoft added some eco-friendly functionality to the already updated Universal Print driver. In these terms, we talk about being able to add a PIN to a print job.
How does it help? The job will not be printed until the user enters the same PIN on the printer.
Also, consider that Windows 11 Universal Print driver can be extended by your printer manufacturer and/or MPS solutions with additional custom features and workflows.
To discover more other information, you should check a guide regarding how Universal Print gets new & improved drivers on Windows 11.
For those times when your printer is not working on Windows 11, this guide will surely help you most easily.
If you have any other thoughts or opinions regarding this subject, we suggest leaving a comment in the section below.