A major reason why your projector may not be turning off can be due to configuration corruption. It can also happen due to hardware failure or other minor issues. Many users have reported that their projector refuses to turn off in the Reddit community forums.
I’ve had it for about a year with frequent use and it’s never done this. Holding the power button (or any button/combo) doesn’t seem to work. From AAXA technologies, but their support doesn’t have anything like this.
Follow the troubleshooting tips in this article to troubleshoot my projector won’t turn off issue.
How do you turn off a projector?
1. Double-press the Power Button
- Some projectors are configured to avoid accidental power-offs/shutdown and require the users to press the Power key or the power button the remote twice to turn off.
- So, if you haven’t tried, already, try to press the Power button on the projector or on remote twice and check if that helps.
- If that doesn’t work, press and hold the power button on the projector for 30 sec to turn off the projector forcefully.
- Forcing your project by long-pressing the power key won’t have any adverse effects.
2. Force Shutdown the Projector
- If the issue persists, to diagnose the projector you need to reboot it again. To do that, you probably need to force turn off the projector by pulling the power plug from the projector.
- While this process should not have any adverse on your projector, do it at your own risk.
- Once the projector is off and you have pulled off all the plugs, make sure you let the projector lamp/bulb cool down for about 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, turn on the projector and check if you can turn it off using the power button.
- If the projector is turning off normally, you need not do anything else as it was a temporary glitch.
3. Other Solutions to Try
- If the issue persists, it is possible that the projector has internal hardware issues. Contact the projector maker to get better troubleshooting idea for your projector.
- Check if the projector has any pending firmware update which may include bug fixes. So, try to update the projector to the latest version of the firmware available and check for any improvements.
- You can perform the firmware update on your own using the computer or send it to the projector manufacturer authorized dealer. The failed projector firmware update is not covered under warranty. So do it at your own risk.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: