- The PS5 redirect error can be due to the accumulation of corrupt browser data.
- To be sure the error is not from you, ensure you are using one of the supported browsers on Playstation Direct.
- You can fix the redirect error by clearing your browser cookies from the settings.
PS5 is a stunning console with many endearing features. With it, you can play games with mind-blowing graphics and connect to the community of gamers, as you can use Discord on PS5 without a PC.
It is no wonder people are queuing to buy the console that is in limited supply. Unfortunately, users encounter the redirect error that ultimately stops them from accessing the purchase site.
This guide will show you how to solve the PS5 redirect error and get through to buy the console.
Why do I keep getting the redirect error?
The redirect error occurs when trying to purchase a PS5. With the high number of buyer requests, you will need to be assigned a queue number.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
You will eventually be redirected to another page where you must click a link to buy. This is where error codes like rejected or used queue numbers pop up.
These error messages might be due to an unsupported browser or corrupt cookies. Also, the cause might be hard to pinpoint, as Sony has yet to comment on the issue.
How do I fix the PS5 redirect error?
1. Clear browser cookies
- Launch your browser and click the menu button (three vertical dots) at the top right corner.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose Privacy and security on the left pane.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Click the dropdown beside the Time range and select All Time.
- Now, check the box for Cookies and other site data.
- Click the Clear data button.
Corrupt cookies cause many problems and could be why the PS5 redirect error is showing. After clearing the cookies, relaunch your browser and visit the site again.
2. Use a supported browser
Before buying a PS5 console, you must have a PSN account and log in to the Playstation Direct website. However, only the browsers below are supported for the website:
- Google Chrome version 71 and above
- Firefox version 64 and above
- Safari version 11 and above
- Microsoft Edge version 43 and above
- Any native mobile browser
Hence, if you log in on any other browser, it might be why you keep facing the PS5 redirect error. So, you will need to change browsers in this case.
3. Contact Sony for help
If all the fixes above prove futile, the only option is to visit the official Playstation customer support page for help. You will need to prepare all the right info, such as the type of device you are using, the browsers, and where you are trying to buy the PS5.
Lastly, note that Sony has limited the purchase of PS5 to one per household. This is because of the high demand. So, don’t bother contacting customer service if you already have one console at home.
The PS5 redirect error can be exasperating, as the cause can sometimes be impossible to pinpoint. However, you should be able to fix the issue by the time you exhaust the solutions in this guide.
Do you want to know how to update your PS5 controller’s firmware? Then check our guide to do it effortlessly.
Feel free to let us know the fix that helped you push your purchase through in the comments below.