- Corrupted browser data could be why the Puffin browser is not connecting to your network.
- A simple yet effective solution to this problem is to clear some of your browsing data.
- You can also solve the issue by uninstalling your PC settings and reinstalling the browser.
The Puffin browser is a secure and fast browser with minimal data consumption. It protects you against malicious links and hackers with its high-level security features.
However, like most modern browsers, it is not free from errors, and an example is the Puffin browser not connecting to the network. This issue is pretty common because the browser renders your web pages in the cloud to make loading and content rendering faster.
With all these processes, it is expected that a network issue will arise at some point. In this guide, we will take you through three effective fixes to solve the problem.
Why is my Puffin browser not connecting to the network?
With the complexity of the routing process of the Puffin browser, the causes of its network problems can sometimes be difficult to trace. But below are the popular ones:
- Unstable network connection – A weak or unstable network connection happens when the router is too far away or another source jams it.
- Corrupt browser data – When you get corrupted browser data, you must delete those files as they cause miscommunication across the browser.
- Outdated app – An outdated app won’t communicate with the other software correctly, as its protocols aren’t updated.
- Presence of bugs in the app – Bugs can cause a plethora of issues within an app, including not being able to connect to the network.
Without further ado, let’s jump into the list of solutions to fix the Puffin browser not connecting to the network issue.
What can I do if the Puffin browser is not connecting to the network?
Before we head to the slightly complex solutions, try these quick ones first:
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- Ensure you are connected to a network and have a high Internet speed. This is usually a common reason users face the problem.
- Check for any pending browser updates and install them.
- Try opening other websites in case the problem is limited to just one. This way, you will be able to verify that.
If none work, head to the fixes listed next.
1. Clear cache
- Click the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner. Select the Settings option.
- Choose Clear browsing data on the left pane.
- Check the checkbox for Cached images and files and click the clear button.
The cache is an important browser data that helps to improve your browsing experience. But they cause a lot of problems when corrupt.
The Puffin browser gathers many cache files with its mode of operation. So, there is a high chance that they can get corrupt. And this causes the Puffin browser not connecting to the network issue.
After clearing your cache, relaunch the app, and try to visit another website.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the Puffin browser
- Press the Windows key and select Settings.
- Select the Apps option.
- Scroll down to the Puffin Secure Browser app and click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option and follow the simple onscreen instructions to complete the process.
- Go to Puffin’s official website.
- Click on Download Windows Installer and wait for the download to complete.
- Click the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
This is the last resort if all the fixes above do not solve the Puffin browser not connecting to the network issue. Some bugs might be affecting the Puffin browser’s performance, causing it not to connect to a network. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app should remove all the bugs disturbing it.
It is also worth noting that this fix has proved to solve the Puffin browser not working issue on Firestick, Android TV, and Nvidia Shield. So you can consider it a general fix to fall back on if nothing works.
Does Puffin browser Pro still work?
The Puffin browser Pro and free version still work on Windows 7 (SP1) and 10, macOS 10, 14, and newer, and all Android OS.
However, the developers announced that the browser would be discontinued on iOS devices in 2022 due to the Apple store’s policies. But it will work till the beginning of 2023 before it stops working totally.
Is there a replacement for the Puffin browser?
Thankfully, there are lots of effective alternatives. The major selling point of the Puffin browser is security. And this is just one of the many features of the renowned Opera One browser.
Opera One is a top-notch browser that assures your online security. It has a free built-in VPN that ensures you surf the web unnoticed. There is also the ad blocker that protects you against malicious links disguised as ads online.
Add its anti-tracking feature, and you know you’re 100% safe with Opera One. But that is not all you get from this browser. It also comes with a built-in AI and a modular AI-ready design.
It is pretty simple to use and intuitive. Regarding browsing speed, it is up there with the very best in the industry. It just combines so many features without errors, like the network not connecting on the Puffin browser.
The Puffin browser not connecting to the network issue can be exasperating, especially if you don’t have any other secure browser. Fortunately, it is quite easy to solve.
Do you want to know more about how safe the Puffin browser is? Check our detailed guide that touches on everything its privacy and security features.
Feel free to let us know the fix that worked for you in the comments section below.