- The art of DJ-ing hasn’t been replaced by Artificial Intelligence yet, therefore we can enjoy mixing songs from talented and passionate musicians in studios or live performances.
- What is truly useful and great at helping you mix songs is software that can detect the beats and synchronize them automatically with a bit of user assistance.
- In the following list, we covered a comprehensive guide to help you choose one of the greatest mixing software compatible with Windows 10.
The truth is that software that can automatically mix songs does not exist yet, and if it did we would probably already attend parties with Artificial Intelligence as a DJ, and this is not the case, at least not for the moment.
But what do exist and they’re great are programs that automatically detect the beats and synchronize them smoothly.
For instance, such software will be able to seamlessly sync a drum and bass tune with 160-180 BPM with a house song with a slower pace of 84 BPM and so on.
We picked out five of the best software that can automatically mix songs and we’ve listed their sets of features so that you will be able to make an idea about what’s best for you.
Automatically mix music with these tools
Zulu is a professional DJ mixing program that probably knocked even Pete Tong’s socks off and blew his mind when it first came out on the market.
This DJ software is the complete DJ mixer solution, and it packs some compelling features that are united in the most effortless to use interface.
You’ll be able to mix your music while applying the effects on the fly.
Check out its awe-inspiring set of features:
- It comes with automatic beat detection so that your music will always stay on tempo.
- All you have to do is load a track onto a deck, and Zulu DJ Software will automatically scan for its beat, assign a BPM and it will change the tempo of the second track for flawless customization.
- The software can perfectly cross-fade between tracks, and it comes with real-time pitch and tempo adjustment.
- It also provides an auto-play mode for hands-free and seamless music mixing.
- Zulu DJ Software supports all popular audio formats, and it allows you to apply effects in real-time including reverb and distortion.
- You can loop sections with a track and sync to the BPM.
- It comes with VST plugin support for additional effects.
The safe live mode will successfully prevent accidents for flawless shows. This is the best DJ Software that you can possibly find on the market.
Download Zulu DJ Software to check out more of its features and to see for yourself more amazing functionalities that it includes.
Zulu DJ Software
A super-easy layout that anybody can grasp, encouraging you to start playing music and mixing tunes right away, for free!
VirtualDJ is software used by DJs to replace their turntables and CD players and uses digital music instead of on CDs and vinyl.
Check out the most exciting functionalities that are included in this program below:
- VirtualDJ has more options than a simple media player such as iTunes.
- It allows you to mix your songs by playing two or more tunes at the same time.
- You can adjust their relative speed so that the songs’ tempo will match.
- You can also apply effects such as loops, and you will be able to crossfade from one side to the other.
- The program lets you scratch your songs as well and set and recall cues.
- VirtualDJ also lets you organize your collection of songs and group them effortlessly in a DJ-friendly way.
- You can use various filters to find hot songs, and you can also find compatible keys and BPMs.
You will be able to access your previous playlists. If you are missing a song, the program will automatically find it online and stream it directly.
We recommend that you visit VirtualDJ’s official website to find out more about its amazing functionalities and to try out the software.
Traktor Pro 3 is one of the industry-leading software for Windows 10, a proficient tool designed to move dancefloors.
Mix in the automatic functions and presets of the tool with four virtual decks, over 40 studio-quality effects, and a plethora of Traktor gear suited for professional performance.
In its 20 years of development, Traktor has proven its worth in numerous aspects for creation, improvement, stability, and great sonic sculpting.
These are the main features of Traktor Pro 3:
- Clear and well organized interface
- Experiment with your mix with the sync button to instantly blend your songs
- Rate songs to create the perfect fluency for your mix
- Take your set into the next level when performing live with the library organizer
- Remix with loops, hot cues and best jumps
- Native recording for harmonic mixing
- Full FX suite included
- It includes Traktor Scratching so you can use any soundcard you like, like vinyls
Traktor Pro 3 is compatible with any third-party controller, such as Native Instruments or Traktor-ready controllers, allowing you to set it up and start mixing straight away.
The software comes with a library of free remixes and stems to help you along the way, and you can even build your own stems with the Stem Creator tool.
This is another advanced DJ software that is worth checking out especially since it’s also free. The program includes everything you need to start making DJ mixes.
Whether you are spinning at a club, Djing your house party or broadcasting as a radio DJ, Mixxx has about everything required to make it right.
Take a look at the most impressive functionalities that are included in the program below:
- The program comes with iTunes integration, and this means that all your sings and playlists will be ready to go for your next live DJ performance.
- The software comes with 85 MIDI DJ controllers that are supported out-of-the-box and also with several HID controllers.
- The program provides comprehensive hardware control for your mixes.
- You will be able to instantly sync the tempo of four tunes for a seamless beat mixing.
- Mixxx comes with an Auto DJ that can take over from time to time.
The software also supports MP3, M4A/AAC, OGG, FLAC, and WAV audio, adjustable EQ shelves, timecode vinyl control, recording, and Shoutcast broadcasting.
To check out even more exciting features, it’s best to head over to Mixxx’s official website.
This is another robust program that you can use to create professional mixes with minimum effort. Check out the best features that are included in this software:
- It allows you to create professional mixes with beat-mixed song transitions on PC and Mac as well.
- You will be able to make songs slower and faster without having to change their pitch.
- You can trim down longer songs, and you can remix shorter ones in order to extend them.
- MixMeister Express 7.7 allows you to add special effects for more ways to blend the songs together.
- You can create a full-length mix and export it to various devices.
- The program also offers a random and smart playlist creation for mix suggestions.
Using MixMeister Express 7.7, you will be able to hit the exact tempo that you are after. You can use this program to create a mix for a dance floor and even for a fitness class, and you’ll be able to adjust the tempo to heat up people and to cool them down as well.
Take a look at more features that are included in the software on MixMeister Express 7.7’s official website.
If you are getting ready to become a DJ at the next party, you might be interested in the ION iMX05 MixMeister Express.
These are five of the best programs that will automatically help you with your tune mixing.
If you discovered that DJ-ing is your passion, take a look at some of our purposeful articles on tips and tricks in the world of music, and see for yourself which one fits your needs and skills the best. Check them out and have some fun!
You can find out more interesting stuff about audio software in our dedicated section, to give yourself and your friends a boost while enhancing your knowledge with technical and useful guides!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use some of the tools we’ve mentioned in our article for that. The principle is quite simple actually; you load songs into the app, which recognizes the beat pattern and syncs them in seamless transitions.
Yes, you can mix songs automatically using VirtualDJ. Fortunately, this program has a helpful feature called “automix.” You just have to load some appropriate songs into the app then click the lightning button in the program’s main interface.
While sometimes it might be possible to mix songs from different genres, especially if their BPM count matches, it might not be the greatest idea. Slipping a heavy metal track in a house mix might just ruin the mood for everyone attending your party.