- Realtek Audio Manager is meant to offer different options for changing the sound settings. However, your energy gets wasted in vain when you cannot open it at all.
- Correct the issue by using the Troubleshooter or a third-party tool that updates audio drivers.
- Similar problems are often related to faulty or corrupted drivers, so use our Driver Errors section for more confirmed solutions.
- Finally, you may also bookmark this PC Software Hub for later reference and quick guidance.
Having good audio software is important, and speaking of which, many users reported that Realtek HD Audio Manager won’t open on their PC.
If you are in this situation, don’t panic because there is no specific cause for this issue. The common cause of this problem is related to your drivers.
If your drivers are corrupted or not properly installed, your Realtek Audio Manager can malfunction. However, there’s a way to fix this problem.
What can I do if Realtek HD Audio Manager is not opening?
- Use a third-party tool to update your audio drivers
- Check if Realtek HD Audio Manager is available
- Reinstall your drivers
- Fix the Realtek Audio Manager
- Use the Troubleshooter
- Rollback your drivers
1. Use a third-party tool to update your audio drivers
Realtek HD Audio Manager issues are often caused by outdated drivers. Whether you’re a newbie or not, this sounds like a rather daunting task.
So, we’d recommend that you use DriverFix to update all the faulty drivers on your PC. Besides the obvious goal that you’re after, do note that it also protects your private data from leaking.
On top of that, it’s known to optimize PC performance since it includes a wide range of features such as system information, resolution adjuster, and audio fixer. That’s precisely what you need too.
DriverFixFix all your sound issues that are caused by outdated drivers with this tool. Get it now!
2. Check if Realtek HD Audio Manager is available
- Press Windows key + R.
- Type C:Program FilesRealtekAudioHDA and hit the Enter key.
- Find and double click on the Realtek HD Audio Manager .exe file.
- After doing that, the Realtek Audio Manager should start. If this method works, feel free to create a shortcut of the .exe file and move it to your desktop.
If Realtek HD Audio Manager won’t open, perhaps the application isn’t properly installed on your PC. To see if this software is available, do as described above.
Now, if you are experiencing any issues opening your Realtek Audio Manager, try these solutions available below.
3. Reinstall your drivers
- Open the Device Manager.
- Find and double click on Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Find the Realtek High definition audio device, then right-click it and select Uninstall.
- Follow through any additional prompts.
- As soon as you uninstall the driver, press Action at the top menu bar and select Scan for hardware changes.
- Then restart your system and confirm if the problem still exists.
As said earlier in this article, if Realtek HD Audio Manager won’t open, it’s rather likely that you have a driver issue. To fix the issue, reinstall your drivers by doing as described above.
All these steps should help you reinstall the drivers and resolve the issue you are experiencing. Nevertheless, if the error persists, move on to the next solution.
4. Fix the Realtek Audio Manager
- Press the Windows key + R.
- A dialogue box will pop up, then, type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter key.
- Find and select the Realtek Audio Manager.
- Click on Repair and follow the prompts on your screen.
- Now, reboot your system and the issue should be gone.
Repairing your Realtek Audio Manager can fix this issue for you. Follow these steps to fix it by yourself.
5. Use the Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
- Choose Hardware and Devices and click Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow the steps on the screen to complete the troubleshooter.
If Realtek HD Audio Manager won’t open, you might be able to fix the problem by using Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do that, follow the steps above.
This should solve the issues you are facing. If it still persists, move on to the next solution.
6. Rollback your drivers
Realtek HD Audio Manager won’t open at times if your drivers aren’t compatible with your system. However, you can fix this problem by rolling back your drivers.
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Double-click on the sound driver. Select the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
Note: If this option is greyed out, then you have nothing else to do than to go and uninstall the drivers.
We hope these solutions helped you fix the problems with Realtek HD Audio Manager. If you have any additional solutions, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below.
You may also find them useful when facing any of the following problems:
- Realtek audio console not working/Realtek audio console not opening – This error is often accompanied by a message stating Cannot connect to RPC service. Assuming that’s your case too, uninstalling the Realtek drivers seems like a wise move.
- Realtek audio console not loading – If you face this issue, this article gives you practical solutions to fix it no time. Just refer to the lines above.
- How to open Realtek Audio Manager – Note that you may always go to the Control Panel to launch your Realtek HD Audio Manager on Windows 10. Take a look at this guide to fix opening Control Panel issues.
- Rtkngui64 not opening – There are also users who claim that the Audio Manager cannot open. Searching for it and clicking on RtkNGUI64.exe makes no difference, so consider updating your audio drivers as soon as possible.
- Realtek audio console doesn’t support for this machine – This often happens when you’ve updated your audio drivers through Windows Update. The new drivers most likely don’t contain the Extension Driver, so use a third-party tool like Iobit Driver Booster to correct the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Outdated drivers often prevent users from opening Realtek Audio Manager. Use Iobit Driver Booster to update all these obsolete drivers that give you a hard time.
This guide on how to fix Realtek HD Audio Manager won’t open will show you a few quick tips to apply. Start by checking if Realtek HD Audio Manager is available.
Expect getting a wide range of instruments to make all desired audio adapter changes, so learn how to master them with the help of this article dedicated to using Realtek HD Audio Manager.