There are a couple of possibilities for your Skype application in which you can record video, audio calls. However, keep in mind that Skype does not have a built-in feature that will let you do this. Therefore you will need a third party application for recording Skype calls. We will show you exactly what we need to do in order to record video and/ or audio Skype calls using Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows 10.
You can either use the Evaer Skype video recorder application or use the Supertintin Skype Video Recorder application. Using these two applications is as easy as it can get and you will find the download links as well as a few tips on how to install and use these applications below.
How can I record Skype video calls on Windows 10?
1. Download and install Evaer
- Download from the link below the Evaer application:
Click here to download Evaer
- After you downloaded the application you will need to double click or tap on the executable Evaer file in order to start the installation.
- Left click on the “next” button in the first window that pops up after you opened up the executable file.
- It will ask you if you want to allow the Evaer application to use Skype in which case you will need to left click or tap on the “Allow access” button.
- Now that you have installed the Evaer application you will only need to start your Skype conversation and left click or tap on the “Start recording” button present in the “Evaer” application.
2. Download and install Supertintin
- Download from the link below the Supertintin application:
Click here to download Supertintin
- Double click or tap on the executable file after the download is finished.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation.
3. Additional Skype recorder software for Windows 10
As you already know, Skype doesn’t support video and audio recording natively. However, the company has also published a list of the best tools that you can use to record your Skype calls. You can check out the list on Skype’s official website. Read the description for each tool and download the one that you like best.
We also compiled a list of the best apps and software to record Skype videos and audio. As you can see, there are plenty of tools to choose from.
There you have a few applications that you can download for free and begin recording video and audio Skype calls in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. If you experience any difficulty or you have any other questions related to this article, let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Skype camera not working in Windows 10
- 4 best VPN software for Skype to download for free in 2018
- Skype will soon let you see who read your messages
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2014 and was revamped and updated in January 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.