- players to back up their game data anytime, to save them the stress of downloading entire games that they installed in the past. allows
- To back up games using Steams restoration, you endure slow speeds and operation failures. Learn better ways to do it in this guide.
- If you ever face any challenges running games, look no further than our up-to-date Steam Guides Hub.
- To be the first to know about games, game reviews, guides, and fixes, head over to our Gaming section.
Usually, many users restore steam games by using its Backup/Restore tool. However, this tool is buggy, archaic, and slow.
Also, using the Steam Backup/Restore tool to change location or move steam games between two hard drives or computers is difficult if you don’t have the backup.
Users with no backup often subscribe to take the pain to reinstall the game in the new location.
Going about this method often leads to huge is not recommended, as steam game data is usually large.
Nevertheless, you can restore steam games without backup by following the instructions in this article.
If the games you want to recover were deleted using the direct delete option (and not uninstall), this software will recover it without any issues whatsoever.
You can recover your deleted game by using the iSkysoft Data Recovery tool. Do this simply by pressing the Shift + Delete combination in the formatted drive or lost partition.
- Offers an In-depth scanning for lost data
- Preview ability
- Recover multiple data types
- Recover data on different storage devices
They are three different ways to restore Steam games without backup; you can either copy and paste to the game folder, manually restore it or move the game then direct your game manager.
All four methods will give your desired results. If these fail, feel free to get in touch with us.
iSkySoft Data RecoveryThis powerful and easy to use software enables you to restore your Steam games fast and efficiently. Try it now!
How do I restore Steam games without backup?
1. Using the Game Backup System tool
You can back up your games with the Game Backup System tool.
It allows you to make a 1:1 copy of virtually any game on all most major consoles, such as the Xbox360, Nintendo Wii, etc.
This tool is also easy to use. Since the Steam backup feature is often slow, you should check out Game Backup System for future backup runs.
Below are some reasons why you may consider Game Backup System for moving your Steam games.
- Support for major gaming consoles
- Create movies from saved video files.
- Easy to use.
- Offers tutorials on how to use it.
GameBackupSystemRestore Steam games easily by using this incredibly practical tool to create perfect copies of your games.
2. Copy and paste the Games folder
- Go to the Steam store and note the game’s URL, especially the number attached to it.
- Locate the original steamapps directory; it has the number you noted above.
- Copy and paste the appmanifest file in the new steamapps
- Restart your machine.
3. Manually restore the games
- Copy and paste the Steam game you intend to restore to:
- Launch Steam on your machine.
- Select the game and click Install.
At this point, Steam attempts to download the game, hence, it will then run a check. After finding the game files in the above directory, it will be installed directly instead of downloading.
Note: Ensure the install location and location where you pasted the game matches. If not, Steam will start downloading it.
4. Move the game and direct your Game Manager
- Create a folder in the preferred new location of the game.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Downloads.
- Select the Steam Library Folder.
- Click on Add Library Folder.
- Go to the new Steam library folder.
- Create a folder named steamapps.
- Make another folder called common in the new steamapps folder.
- Go to the old steam folder.
- Locate the game’s folder, usually in steamapps/common.
- Copy and paste the folder in the new common folder.
- Launch Steam.
- Right-click and Delete Local Content; this will uninstall the game from its original location.
- Click on Install.
- Choose Location and select the new Steam folder.
- Steam then scans for the existing files.
We hope that this guide has covered all your questions and worries, and that you managed to restore your Steam games without any issue.
To get into contact with our team, don’t hesitate to use the comment section below.