Safe mode is a diagnostic mode of a computer operating system (OS). It can also refer to a mode of operation by application software. Safe mode is intended to fix most, if not all problems within an operating system.
It is also widely used for removing rogue security software.
How to boot into Safe Mode in Windows PC
Safe mode starts up your computer with limited files and drivers but Windows will still run. If you still can’t type passwords in Windows 10, check whether it occurs while your computer is in Safe mode.
Follow these steps to start your computer in Safe Mode:
- Click on Start button
- Select Settings– the Settings box will open up
- Click Update & Security
- Select Recovery from the left pane
- Go to Advanced startup
- Click Restart now
- Select Troubleshoot from the choose an option screen, then click Advanced options
- Go to Startup Settings and click Restart
- Once your computer restarts, a list of options will come up.
- Select any version of Safe Mode by pressing the appropriate key on your keyboard.
Windows users reported several issues related to Safe Mode
First of all, you might like the Safe Mode feature included in the boot menu as in Windows 7 version. Find out now how to add Safe Mode to the Boot menu in Windows 10.
Windows 10 users had encountered problems when trying to boot into Safe Mode. Therefore, our team of tech-experts has provided the most effective solutions to help you when:
- can’t boot into Safe Mode
- Windows 10 Safe Mode not working
- Safe Mode Problem with K9 Web Protection
- CPU usage is high in Safe Mode
Microsoft recently hosted an AMA session on Reddit and encouraged users to ask questions about the upcoming version of Microsoft Edge. The tech giant announced […]
Microsoft already announced its upcoming Chromium Edge browser for Windows 10 and macOS users. However, Linux users are also waiting in the queue. Redditors recently […]
Travian Legends is an online real-time strategy game that had been released in 2004 by software developer Travian Games. The game is played online, directly […]