How to send and receive FTP files In Windows 10
Many Windows 10 users want to create their own private cloud, upload files they can share and transfer files of any size (up to 1000GB), without restrictions. The solution: building a FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server! It’s very easy to build one, and users will have full control of the server. They will even create multiple accounts so their friends and family will have access to those files. Today, we’ll teach you how to install an FTP server on a Windows 10 PC.
These are the steps that you’ll need to follow to install an FTP server on your computer running on Windows 10:
Click and hold down the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut and when the Power User menu will appear, you will select Programs and Features. Now, you’ll click the Turn Windows features on/off link, then expand Internet Information Services. You will check the FTP Server option and after expanding FTP Server, you will check the FTP Extensibility option. In continuation, you’ll check Web Management Tools and keep the default selections, then click OK to begin the installation and then on Close.
In order to create an FTP site on Windows 10, which will be used to send and receive files, follow these instructions:
- Again, open the Power User menu using the same method, and select Control Panel.
- Then, open Administrative Tools and double-click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- After expanding right-clicking Sites on the Connections pane, select Add FTP Site.
- Now, choose a name of the new FTP site, enter the path to the FTP folder that will be used to send and receive files, then click Next.
- When you see Binding and SSL Settings, choose only the SSL option to No SSL, then click Next.
- Check the Basic option on Authentication, and on Authorization, in the drop-down menu, select Specified users.
- Enter the email address of your Windows 10 account or local account name so that you will gain access to the FTP server.
- Finally, check Read and Write, then click Finish.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Top 10 Windows 10 free PDF viewer tools
- How to uninstall the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update
- Windows 8, 10 App Check: mFTP, a Full FTP Client
A blueprint is a proposal that shows the clients how the proposed floor or design plan will look like, followed by a 3D model of […]
The Christmas season is around the corner and one of the best parts about this season is the gift it brings. If you are planning […]
“A picture is worth a thousand words” is a popular English idiom and the quote perfectly describes digital marketing or marketing strategies in general that […]