Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Many users have reported getting the VC++ Runtime Redistributable error when installing The Sims 4.
- The problem usually arises when the redistributable package is not installed or is corrupt.
- To fix things, reinstall the package or run the critical services, amongst other solutions.
The Sims 4 is a fun game, allowing players to practice their social skills and build strong connections with the other Sims. However, many got the VC++ runtime redistributable error when installing the game.
The complete message reads, Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. So, let’s find out how you can fix things and get The Sims 4 running.
What causes Error The VC++ Runtime Redistributable error?
Here are a few reasons why you might be getting The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully error with The Sims 4:
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is corrupt – In many cases, users found that the installed redistributable was corrupt, and simply reinstalling it fixed things.
- Correct Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is not installed – Many apps require a particular redistributable, which, if absent, would trigger the error.
- Issues with the game installer itself – Sometimes, there are problems with Origin or the game installer, and another attempt should get things running.
How can I fix VC++ Runtime Redistributable error in The Sims 4?
Before we start making complex changes, here are a few tricks that might work:
- Restart the computer and then try installing The Sims 4.
- Update Windows if there are any new versions available.
- If you have a third-party antivirus installed, disable it, and verify whether the problem is fixed. In case it is, uninstall the app, and then download a more reliable antivirus.
If these don’t work, head to the solutions listed next.
1. Reinstall the redistributable packages
- Press Windows + R to open Run, type appwiz.cpl in the text field, and hit Enter.
- Now, select the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables listed here individually, click on Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Do keep a list of the ones you remove.
- Once done, go to Microsoft’s official website, and download the ones you removed.
- Launch the setup and allow the installation to complete.
Once done, check if Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully 1603 while installing The Sims 4 is fixed.
2. Uninstall the recent Windows update
- Press Windows + I to open Settings, navigate to Windows Update, and click on Update history.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom, and select Uninstall updates.
- Locate the recent update, and click on Uninstall next to it.
- Again, click Uninstall in the confirmation prompt.
In many cases, it was a buggy update that triggered Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully 5100 when installing The Sims 4. And uninstalling it should get things running.
Do remember that you may have to remove a few updates before the actual culprit is found. Also, we recommend you look through online forums to identify which recent updates are causing the error.
3. Make sure the critical services are running
- Press Windows + S to open Search, type Services, and click on the relevant search result.
- Locate the Windows Installer service, right-click on it, and select Start.
- Wait for the service to start, and then try installing The Sims 4.
If the problem remains unresolved, head to the next solution.
4. Clean the Registry
According to users, VC++ Runtime Redistributable errors can sometimes appear due to your registry. Your registry might have some corrupted entries, and those entries can interfere with The Sims 4 and other games and prevent you from running them.
To fix this problem, users are suggesting cleaning your registry and to remove problematic entries. This can be tedious if done manually, but many great registry cleaners can help you with this problem.
One of the greatest tools we tested on this error is the Fortect freeware program that fixes The Sims 4 damaged registry entries, cookies, Flash, Java caches, and other issues that may create run-time errors.
Analyze and run the cleaner first, scan your registry for problems, and run the program to fix them. After cleaning the registry, the issue should be resolved entirely.
5. Reinstall Origin
- Press Windows + I to open Settings, navigate to Apps, and then click on Installed apps.
- Locate Origin, click on the ellipsis next to it, and click on Uninstall.
- Again, click Uninstall to confirm the change.
- Restart the computer.
- Now, head to Origin’s official website, and download the app.
- Once done, launch the setup and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
If nothing else has worked yet, reinstalling Origin might do the trick when you keep getting the VC++ runtime redistributable error. And you should now be able to seamlessly install The Sims 4.
Tell us which fix worked for you in the comments section below.