On October 13, Silicon Power, a leading manufacturer in portable drives, has announced the Bolt B10. This is the second portable SDD produced by the electronic company. Not only does it offer half a terabyte of space, but it weighs a mere 25 grams.
In addition, it is speculated to be capable of read or write data at a rate of 400 megabytes per second.
The Bolt B10 is a SDD, which makes it less susceptible to hardware damage. Furthermore, since a SSD does not have any moving parts it is both more reliable and offers faster, better performance.
This SSD in particular supports Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) coding, which is a highly effective function that is designed to protect the SSD from data corruption and error. The Bolt B10 also features unique technologies that are designed to extend its life span.
Complete list of Bolt B10 specs
- Capacity. There are three versions of the B10. Users can purchase the B10 with the capacity of 512GB, 256GB, or 128GB.
- Weight: The SSD weighs 25 grams.
- Dimensions: 80 x 49.5 x 9.4 millimeter
- Material: It is made out of plastic.
- Interface: The SSD is compatible with USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and Gen 1 USB 3.1.
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. Mac OS 10.5x and later versions are also supported. 2.6.31 and later versions of Linux are supported.
- Color: Black.
- Performance read: The SSD is capable of a MAX 400 megabyte per second transfer rate.
- Cable: Type A and Micro B (B10)
- Performance write: Capable of a MAX 400 mb per second rate of transfer.
- Operating temperature: Capable of operating from 0 degrees to 70 degrees Celsius.
- Certification: Green dot, CE, FCC, BSM, KCC, RCM, EAC, RoHS, WEEE
- Storage Temperature: Can be stored in -40 degrees Celsius to 85 degrees.
- Warranty: It is rumored that the SSD is warranted for 3 years.
Currently, various US retailers are now selling this highly functional SSD.
- 10 best portable SSDs with USB type-C support
- 5 of the largest SSD hard drives to buy in 2017
- How to install/ migrate Steam games on SSD
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.